NW.js Refusing to Close / Game Failing to Start

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • I do have the C3 worker mode enabled in my project so I'll follow assailant107's steps exactly as is for now and keep my fingers crossed. Let see how it goes.

Then you have to keep node-worker enabled or it wont run in worker mode at all. This could cause problems but C3 probably has a built-in fallback for cases like this.

• You are right RealDannyyy. When I removed that line from the json file I would get a black screen so had to put it back

Hi Assailant107

Ok I have some feedback.

Things have definitely improved a lot. I implemented the changes (sort of will get to that now) and restarted the game 30 times. Twice it gave me the black screen. Before it would do that after the first or second restart without fail.

First I followed you steps exactly, but I got a black screen straight away and could not get the game to run while older version would run. As mentioned above I figured out that when I removed that line from the json file I get the black screen and if I put it back the black screen went away.

So in the end what I only really did was exported the game with the command line you gave and I added that win32 node file.

I did notice that when I get the black screen and kill the game I get a debug.log file which reads:

[0327/235643.797:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(103)] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)

[0327/235643.797:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(103)] CreateFile: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x2)

Have no idea if that is relevant in anyway, but regardless things are better for sure so big step in the right direction.

thx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh, I just noticed the changes fixed the Steam overlay.

Shift Tab did not work before but it does now. Great!

• I did notice that when I get the black screen and kill the game I get a debug.log file which reads:

This sounds like an Antivirus program blocking temp startup files, which NWjs needs to run. Mind checking that out?

If not, a minimal project for reproduction would be very useful for a bug report.

• Hi RealDannyyy

I had a look and I can see Sir-War-A-Lot.exe is permitted in my firewall (Standard win 10 firewall).

Seeing If I can create a basic version of my game to share with you, but as soon as I remove things it bombs out.

If I can get a basic working version I'll pm you and share.

• Seeing If I can create a basic version of my game to share with you, but as soon as I remove things it bombs out.

If I can get a basic working version I'll pm you and share.

Don't give me your entire project. Just try to isolate the issue if you can, so it can be reported to Scirra or the NWjs team.

• Well this is interesting. I have created a stripped down build of the game which only has the first level area in it.

Now the issue is gone. LOL. Cannot get the black screen on this stripped down version. Restarted the game like 50 times. No issues

Then go back to a copy of the full game, start it up and boom, black screen so I must have a problem in my code somewhere I guess?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)