MobileAdverts plugin Admob GDPR for iOS

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
AdMob Plus PRO
$12.99 USD
[ Support C3 Build service ] Native Ad, App Open Ad, Banner Ad, Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Ad.
  • > Well, as usual, iOS need special treatment because of... apples.

Well, yeah that’s the nature of Apple isn’t it? It’s a different OS to Android. But isn’t Construct is sold as a platform that allows you to develop for both Android and Apple with limited developing experience, because the internal devs are on top of technical advancements? Are we to believe that Game Salad, Game Maker and Buildbox etc are also facing the same problem because Apple is just being a bit ...Appley?

We know GDPR threw a spanner in the works 6 weeks ago but surely that’s enough time to have sorted this? Yes you’re squashing a lot of bugs - some of them I’ve posted myself and I’ve thanked the devs each time, but developing new features while current features are broken and are frustrating your paying customer base?

Yes, we can make apps for both iOS and Android using Construct, but if (like a large majority) of app devs we want to include basics such as mobile ads then currently we can only have Android that’s GDPR compliant.

We know Apple are difficult to develop for, that’s why we pay for products like Construct, because the devs for these products know how to develop for Apple.

And going forward, in regards to Apple being difficult, awkward or whatever, I don’t need to hear that, I only need to know when the issue will be fixed. You guys are the devs - they’re you’re issues to deal with. We’re the paying customers - our only issue is to pay the subscription fee each year.

• ...another 3 weeks have gone by and still no official feedback on a fix for iOS?

This is costing me subscription $ guys :(

• *bump*

• Google ads for iOS are screwed in Construct. Not only does the Google GDPR pop up not work in iOS the adverts themselves don’t show when the correct Ad IDs etc are entered into the Mobile Advert plugin and the app is built with Test Mode set to Off.

Today I got an email from Google saying We Have Lift Off and said I was showing Google ads - this came after I tested the game with Test Mode off, so Google thinks (or perhaps actually is) it’s showing adverts on my game when in fact the adverts simply aren’t displaying.

Somebody sort these issues out please - it’s beyond a joke now.

• Terrible "service" for subscription paying customers. We're being totally ignored on this issue. I've wasted MONTHS of subscription waiting for this fix and its still not addressed, not even a comment, and it's a show-stopper for me.

What's the point in new releases of C3 for minutia "bug fixes" when one of the main functionality areas (exporting with WORKING ads) has been broken for months?

Scirra constantly compares its subscription model to companies such as Unity, can you imagine this level of "service" at Unity? They'd be out of business.

Scirra appears to want the constant revenue of the subscription model, but without any of responsibility to maintain a usable tool that is compliant with the App Store or Google Play. You cant have it both ways Scirra - you have to maintain the features advertised.

Scirra, PLEASE fix this issue ASAP!

• There was an update on the Github bug report today:

yes it's being worked on, there has been an incompatability issue with the user consent SDK that Google has provided for iOS. I've given up waiting for the issue to be resolved and I'm now merging the SDK directly into our plugin. I had it working yesterday so it's looking promising

So hopefully this will be resolved soon. If we're lucky it may also fix the issue of live banners not appearing on iOS devices.

I agree that this is an incredibly frustrating set of circumstances that Scirra had no control over but have to find a fix for - and it looks like they are on their way to sorting it.

• Great - thanks for the update!

• Bump, in honor of another week passing.....

• While I understand people wanting to just be able to type a few things in a text box a viola you have a GDPR compliance thing pop up, I'm at a bit of a loss as to how anyone is stuck or hasn't been able to release their game solely because of this issue.

1. Create new layout

2. Add HAS_SEEN_GDPR variable, checkbox and ok button

3. Add links to your privacy policy and terms of service

4. Show layout to user the 1st time they play your game and ask for consent

5. Profit?????

Given there is a problem with the MobileAdvert plugin not being able to load ads right now, but once that is fixed, if the GDPR thing isn't working just make your own people.

• While I understand people wanting to just be able to type a few things in a text box a viola you have a GDPR compliance thing pop up, I'm at a bit of a loss as to how anyone is stuck or hasn't been able to release their game solely because of this issue.

1. Create new layout

2. Add HAS_SEEN_GDPR variable, checkbox and ok button

3. Add links to your privacy policy and terms of service

4. Show layout to user the 1st time they play your game and ask for consent

5. Profit?????

Given there is a problem with the official Admob plugin right now, but once that is fixed, if the GDPR thing isn't working just make your own people.

But how do we add adverts to the project without using the MobileAdvert plugin?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Bootfit , wait until the MobileAdvert plugin ads not being able to load problem gets fixed, github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1867 , or you could always use Enhance(FGL) for your ads.

• Bootfit , wait until the MobileAdvert plugin ads not being able to load problem gets fixed, github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1867 , or you could always use Enhance(FGL) for your ads.

Ummmmm...by the time the plugin gets fixed, and then the GDPR is implicated, we're probably well on our way to Christmas. This is unacceptable for a subscription model. This thread alone is 2 MONTHS old and still no fix other than its being "worked on".

Next time my subscription payment is due, if I tell Scirra I'm "working on" getting the money together, do you think they will let me use C3 full version for free? Zero chance.

• FWIW Sounds like it's maybe been fixed.

Last post by Shortercode

"shortercode commented 3 hours ago

Hey everyone, got an update for you. Despite the quiet I have been hard at work on this, I still want to review it one last time before I rubber stamp it but I think we should be good to publish in the next release!"

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1780#issuecomment-413937612

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)