Which license if I don't want to sell a game?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Tap the ball, control it, avoid touching spikes and score higher!
  • Hello everyone. Hope this topic is OK in this part of the forum. I googled and couldn't find an answer.

Also, sorry for my bad English and explanation, I am from Germany and this type of topic needs words, I normally don't use in English. :'D

I have two businesses. An artist freelancer thing (most of my money) and then something that's called commercial business with other tax stuff to do. You need such a thing here in Germany to sell products. So I need this for my livestreams and my merch shop.

I wanna use construct3 for designing an app, that helps me with my stream. Visual stuff, that is too complex for OBS.

My stream on twitch is under my commercial business. That is way under $50.000.

With my work as an artist and freelancer I am also under $50.000.

But both together sometimes (after a new book release) it can go over $50.000.

Which business do count? Both?

What licence do I need? Is startup OK?

And do I need one, if I dont sell games or is it personal? Or does using my own app for stream management count as business?

Because of my workflow with art, sometimes I make a lot of money in one year and then for two or three I dont. So I dont know what to do.

Thanks for your time.

Greetings,

Isa

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Interesting question! I'm fairly certain that it's about how much money you make from selling your game. But Scirra will have the right answer and I'm sure they'll chime in.

It's interesting because, if you used C3 as a tool for yourself to make visuals and such for a stream or videos, and those streams/videos earned you millions, then... Should you need a business licence with C3, or not, since it's not a sold game?

• Interesting question! I'm fairly certain that it's about how much money you make from selling your game. But Scirra will have the right answer and I'm sure they'll chime in.

It's interesting because, if you used C3 as a tool for yourself to make visuals and such for a stream or videos, and those streams/videos earned you millions, then... Should you need a business licence with C3, or not, since it's not a sold game?

Exactly. For my understanding: This is a software, and for what I will use it, is not important. As long it is under my business, that is, what counts. But I know some software, that is licenced different, if you don't produce a selling product with it. So that's what I need to know.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)