Issues with the suggestions website

0 favourites
  • Nah, this is not true. The amount of new features added to C3 in the past couple of years is mind blowing!

Yeah, check out the other main engines, and its no comparison.

Then again most of them will tell you what they are working on.

We have the beta system instead. /snark

• dop2000

Maybe I don't understand something, but if Ashley is going to pick 5 most upvoted ideas, why does it matter how many people voted on them? Limited or unlimited votes - in both cases some ideas will get more votes than others, so just pick 5 from the top!

I totally see your point – though I suppose, if for no other reason, limited votes draw a line between what's interesting to me (as an individual) and what's important right now (as a user). With only a few votes, we're forced to prioritize the most urgently-useful suggestions. It stops us voters from saying "I like this one, this one, etc" and keeps us focused on which ideas we think Scirra should do next.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe I don't understand something, but if Ashley is going to pick 5 most upvoted ideas, why does it matter how many people voted on them? Limited or unlimited votes - in both cases some ideas will get more votes than others, so just pick 5 from the top!

It's a moot point because it's not happening, but... ^this^.

I can't think of any reason why unlimited votes would result in a less accurate view of the consensus of the entire user base on which ideas are best. More votes will still accrue on the issues that are the most appealing to the most users. It will just make engagement with the platform easier. It's a shame there's no way to limit the number of ideas each user can create so we could at least try unlimited voting. Ah well, such is life I guess.

My hope is that the six month reset will result in more engagement by Scirra on the top ideas, which should still be a nice improvement over the current situation. So I'm excited to see how this goes, despite my grumbles.

• We have to work with how the existing feature suggestions platform works. It can't stop unlimited submissions. So as I said before, part of limiting voting is also to stop unlimited submissions, with a policy that ideas with zero votes will not be considered.

• We have to work with how the existing feature suggestions platform works. It can't stop unlimited submissions. So as I said before, part of limiting voting is also to stop unlimited submissions, with a policy that ideas with zero votes will not be considered.

Yep, that was just a lament. ;)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)