A good tablet for development - Suggestions?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You can become a REAL game developer. Learn the basics and get resources that will let you get profits from your game!
  • So far:

Surface Pro 4 comes with range of specs, it can be equiped with M, i5 or i7 processors, ram 4gb, 8gb or 16gb and SSD 128GB-1TB

Prices $599.00 - $2,599.00

I will consider that. Strong, useful, can run even C2, short battery, not "full" android.

Cromebook - interesting, should be investigated.

Pixel C - same

Galaxy tab - I heard (rumored) that maybe Galaxy tab S3 will be announced in April, March or even in MWC 2017(feb27-march2), with good specs per price (300-400$)

Cheap tabs - not very interesting for me. Or maybe something more specific?

• The Surface Pro 4 is a good all-around choice. The Surface Book is probably not worth the money unless you have cash to spare, the additional GPU in the keyboard isn't especially powerful, so it may be better to wait until the 2nd or 3rd release of the platform to really invest that much in its hardware; the Surface Pro line had performance and overheating issues until the SP4, and I've noticed similar issues when really pushing the Surface Book. Asus also makes a Win10 tablet with Thunderbolt support, so you could plug in an external GPU if you're feeling it's worth the extra cost to invest in an external GPU cage & GPU, but it's not especially portable. Overall, I've found the SP4 to run pretty much everything BUT C2 games quite well, as the recent Intel embedded chips have pretty decent performance and can run Overwatch, DOOM, every Valve game, etc. at acceptable resolutions. Unity also performs fine, as does most Adobe software, though there's no CUDA support due to the lack of nVidia tech.

• What about the Yoga Book? Too under-powered?

• I suggest using Surface Book. It's expensive but it's a pure tablet + a laptop.

• i wish "someone" made a surface i7 with wacompen , a mobile 1060+ gpu, infinity touch display from dell and doesn't sound like a jetplane, i would finaly buy one,

for tablet i use a 10' lenovo tab2 <200$ and pretty happy about it, connection is sometimes iffy, .. will be interesting to see if i can do some c3 on it..

• i wish "someone" made a surface i7 with wacompen , a mobile 1060+ gpu, infinity touch display from dell and doesn't sound like a jetplane, i would finaly buy one,

And if it won't cost more than normal tablet (of nice range) and I will buy! I guess it will be possible in like 10 years.. But then the computer would be even better... The eternal chase.

• I use the RCA 10" W101 for tablet testing games.

It has a cheap graphics card and sounds are terrible but I figure if my games can be played and heard on that they should be great on a better system and at $150 it was affordable. I take it with me when lugging the laptop is a pain.

Keep in mind most of your customers are probably kids not using a high end tablet.

https://www.amazon.com/RCA-Windows-Detachable-Keyboard-W101/dp/B00Z7Y7WRI/ref=pd_day0_147_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00Z7Y7WRI&pd_rd_r=X0K9BKV2KNXTT73RPD0P&pd_rd_w=ZTGTQ&pd_rd_wg=od9Ef&psc=1&refRID=X0K9BKV2KNXTT73RPD0P

• I use the RCA 10" W101 for tablet testing games.

Keep in mind most of your customers are probably kids not using a high end tablet.

For testing, sure. For testing it is better to test on the widest variety of devices as possible.

But for development, should exist "the sacred one" - almighty and easy to use.

Yes, most of my customers don't use high end tablets, no, most of my customers are 30+

• anyone used the Surface Pro 4 M3 with Construct?

• What about Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Pro?

Sounds very promising, ~500$, 4gb ram, 1.4 quad processor busting up to 2.4ghz, 8GB graphic processor 600MHz, 64gb storage, long live battery, android...

Also with projector - it sound cool to play your game on the the wall while controling on your lap.

• I am using a Wacom Intuos Medium Comic touch tablet. You can draw anything easy with a cordless pen. You can also use your fingers to move around. Especially with brushes and the pressure sensitivity it is a very nice tool.

For a lot of other activities, you can also use such kind of tablets. Just see it as a big mouse.

Last year I had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome operations at each hand. There where complications with my left hand so it was (and still is) difficult for me to use a computer. I bought this tablet a few months ago and have no regrets about it. It really helps me being creative again without too much pain.

I also use it with Construct 2 especially with selection lists, sprite animation dialog, moving things.

Very practical and helpfull

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please accept my apology, somewhere along the line I was misunderstanding.

My former post was about a Drawing tablet which has nothing to do with the tablets mentioned here.

• Why is the topproducts.com/reviews/best-tablet.htm iPad Pro a no no? Anyone had any success with the Asus ZenPad 8” Tablet - 2GB RAM/ 32GB SSD or 4GB/64GB?

• i found that samsung tabs have very good features as compared to other tabs. they have no restriction like Apple tabs and as per my experience, other companies tabs are just useless.

• Old thread but I'm wondering how the updates have changed the idea of developing on a tablet. My surface has broke and I'm replacing it with a 2017 ipad pro, anyone using the iPad with c3?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)