Game sound doesn't work in Remote Play Together

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase Remote Config Web App, ( Firebase SDK version 10.0.0 )
  • Hello everyone

I have released my second game on Steam with support for the Remote Play Together feature, however players are complaining about having no sound in the stream, whereas the sound in the game is perfectly normal.

https://store.steampowered.com/remoteplay?snr=1_614_remoteplaylanding_remoteplaylanding_100703

NWjs

I did do dozens of tests, first to export to steam, the mandatory export is NWJS, and we need the Steam plugin, for achievements, steam overlay, etc.

Windows WebView2

I did a second test exporting via Windows WebView2, I went to the steam folder and replaced the export files NWjs for Windows WebView2, the game runs perfectly normal, with sound, music, etc, but as the Greenworks plugin only works on NW, here I do not have the game features on steam, but I can call a session of Remote Play Together direct from my friends list.

Again I have the same problem, the player who receives the Streaming, only receives the image, no sound.

Figuring the problem is in the way Steam will pick up the process to share, I looked at the process tree of the 2 types of Construct 3 export and also, the Streaming process in the client.

Starting with the NWjs process, as we can see, there are several sub-processes.

Next we will look at Windows WebView2, which also has several processes.

Finally, the process that the client receives from the stream and various web sub-processes that steam generates, perhaps emulating the game processes.

Then I get to this point where I am sure there is nothing more I can do to test some solution for the client to receive sound using the Remote Play Together feature.

All that remains is to imagine that Steam, because they don't have many games that use Construct 2/3 and that enable the Remote Play Together feature, are simply not providing full support at this time.

Leave enough information, so that other people can contribute to the discussion of the issue and perhaps a possible solution.

Maybe the engine developers can contact the steam developers to get the feature supported.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My Games on Steam with Remote Play Together Support

Kinduo - store.steampowered.com/app/1648100/Kinduo

Pets at Work store.steampowered.com/app/1787760/Pets_at_Work

This game is single player only

Doom Work - store.steampowered.com/app/1745800/Doom_Work

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)