Failed to Open Project. Check it is a valid Construct 3 single-file (.c3p) project.

• Been working on a project's version for some days and i just saved the file. Tried to open it again after some time and it is giving error "Check it is a valid Construct 3 single-file (.c3p) project."

Is there any way to recover this?

Edit : The game did hanged in the preview and then i saved, closed and restarted the engine.

I tried opening project in old version r147.2 it still gives the same error.

It could be because of changing a parameter name in new function condition because that was one of the last things i did in project that i have a doubt on but i am not sure if it is the reason.

• Have you changed versions of construct since you saved it? If you went back in versions and tried to load it, I have seen it give that error.

• No i have not changed the version as i already was working on latest stable release r148. Although i remember the game hanged in the preview and then i saved, closed and restarted the engine.(added in the first post)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There is a (very) rare project corruption bug out in the wild which has been mentioned in support a couple of times, but nobody has reported a replication to us yet. If you can find a way of reproducing this project corruption it would be great if you could file an issue for us to look into.

If you have no backup for that file then I can take a look and see if I can recover it for you. Depending on whats wrong it might be missing some assets.

• Nepeo

Its an almost complete project, can i email it to you?...

Also i think it might be due to a parameter name change in the new functions condition because i changed it in the function itself but did not see if it got changed in the events calling that function and so i have a doubt on it also it hanged the game when i previewed it after it, then i saved, closed and reopened it (added in the first post).

• Its an almost complete project, can i email it to you?...

Sure, send it over to iainddg@scirra.com and I will take a look.

Try out some of your ideas as to how you caused the corruption and let me know if any work.

• Just mailed, please check it!

I am trying to recreate this bug.

• Thanks to iain shortcode, he fixed it.

It was caused due to parameter renaming afterall although i could not recreate the bug itself.

Thank you iain.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)