Error When trying to export with MobileAdvert

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Game runs fine in test, but when I try an export (Android Cordova Debug APK) it fails. The log error shows the following:

main.js:759 Error exporting: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'split')

All the details are filled out correctly (I think) in the Mobile Export properties (Android ID, iOS ID,Spoof Location: Disabled, Show on STartup:True)

NOTE: If I remove the Mobile Advert plugin the export works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Is anyone else seeing this error?

• main.js:759 Error exporting: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'split')

This looks familiar, can you provide the list of objects you use?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, I had a bunch of your plugins installed (the ironsource stuff) but then removed them because IronSource rejected my application for some reason.

Now I'm only left with (of yours) Mobile Info(v2.0.1.2) and Mobile Review (3.0.1.3). (Release 34)

• I just tried re-installing them but I still get the same error when I try to build. :(

• Hi Grimmy, try moving the Mobile Advert object in the same folder as the Mobile Info object, or vice-versa.

There is a bug that we've recently discussed in the Discord server where the Mobile Advert locks a dependency id cordova-plugin-device when it gets built first. It is an official Cordova plugin but for some reason the Mobile Advert prevents any object to use the plugin if it gets read first. For example, being in a higher folder.

Hence, adding it in the same folder allows you to build successfully.

I'm planning to report this in Construct 3's bug tracker as soon there are fewer filed bug reports there.

• They were already in the same (root) folder but when I moved them all into a new sub-folder together; the build process worked.

Thanks

• However, although the app successfully shows a test ad in the preview version on PC it fails to show anything on device. I guess this is another issue for another thread though..

• You're welcome.

Yeah, best to make another thread for that different issue. Separating threads for different issues would hopefully help others finds solutions faster when organized.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)