Editor freeze since new Stable build

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Anyone else getting an Animation Editor freeze once you try to close the editor?

I'm using a project folder. I have quite a few animations - although I haven't added any since the new update. I would import some sprite sheets and about 3 times in one day I just got a spinning cursor and Construct would freeze.

It's only super noticeable because that NEVER happens and only started today when I started using the new stable build r336.

Tagged:

• On my side, Construct 3 just crash. (see the information below).

Just make a new project, and start playing around with the animation editor. It crash when you select a palette, when you close the animation editor, or any other actions in the animation editor. It crash casually, and you might need to repeat the steps above in order to crash Construct3. Never happened before

Error report information

Type: unhandled exception

File: editor.construct.net, line 0, col 0

Stack: null

Construct version: r336

URL: editor.construct.net

Date: Wed Apr 05 2023 08:29:10 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Uptime: 216.5 s

Platform information

Product: Construct 3 r336 (stable)

Browser: Chrome 111.0.5563.66

Browser engine: Chromium

Context: webapp

Operating system: Windows 10

Device type: desktop

Device pixel ratio: 2

Logical CPU cores: 8

Approx. device memory: 8 GB

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/111.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Language setting: en-US

WebGL information

Version string: WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium)

Numeric version: 2

Supports NPOT textures: yes

Supports GPU profiling: yes

Supports highp precision: yes

Vendor: Google Inc. (Intel)

Renderer: ANGLE (Intel, Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0, D3D11)

Major performance caveat: no

Maximum texture size: 16384

Point size range: 1 to 1024

Extensions: EXT_color_buffer_float, EXT_color_buffer_half_float, EXT_disjoint_timer_query_webgl2, EXT_float_blend, EXT_texture_compression_bptc, EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, EXT_texture_norm16, KHR_parallel_shader_compile, OES_draw_buffers_indexed, OES_texture_float_linear, OVR_multiview2, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb, WEBGL_debug_renderer_info, WEBGL_debug_shaders, WEBGL_lose_context, WEBGL_multi_draw

• I thought maybe it was the performance setting in Chrome that I turned on a few days ago, but no its not that.

I just loaded up my project, replaced about 4-5 animations by importing sprite sheets and it just hung.

something is definitely wrong!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • here is the console, no idea if this helps!

• and...

• I don't really know how to reproduce it. So I was just wondering if others were getting it.

• Ribis

That looks like an error coming from an extension, the extension is probably ignoring it, but C3 catches it. There have been reports of the Last Pass extension causing it, but it could be any number of extensions. Try disabling your extensions one at a time to try and figure out which one is the problem or just turn all extensions off when using C3.

jobel

What kind of images are you using? As in size, amount of frames and format.

• DiegoM On one Sprite object I have about 150 animations. All are 8 frames that loop and are 64x64 in size (pngs).

They also share the same collision boxes so I am often importing a sheet and then right-clicking Apply to all animations.

I've noticed if I do a number of these re-imports without saving is when it happens. If I do one at a time, close and save, it seems to avoid the issue.

I also am using a Project Folder Save. So it feels like save thing maybe?

• DiegoM

This bug happens to me as well, several times recently. I have a Chrome with C3 installed, and no extensions - I only use it for C3. It was happening in the beta cycle at some point.

C3 freezes and I have to close without saving, which sucks.

To me, it feels like it only happens when I've imported lots frames and had the animation editor opened for a long time, maybe doing other things like deleting frames or using hotspot.

So my workaround is to just import the frames, then quickly close the animation editor, then save, then open it again and continue work in the anim editor with placing hotspots and such.

(I'm not using project folder, just c3p files.)

• It happened to me several times too. The editor was completely frozen and I had to close c3 without saving.

I'm using project folder.

• I just got the freeze after importing multiple frames into a sprite (across multiple animations).

Then I restarted C3 and repeated the process, and it froze again!

So I tried doing it again and now it's all good, no longer freezes! So I tried multiple times more, and I'm unable to duplicate this issue, very strange.

• Unrelated to the issue with Animation Editor, but the GSI error that Jobel shows comes from GoogleSignIn, it seems you (the editor or your servers) have some issue with credentials or loading of data which you also need to look into DiegoM.

Also all the "inline" errors with the CSS should be fixed, very irritating when the console is full of errors/warnings just with a regular loading.

You can see the error messages above from Jobel, I get the same.

• alastair

To me, it feels like it only happens when I've imported lots frames and had the animation editor opened for a long time, maybe doing other things like deleting frames or using hotspot.

So my workaround is to just import the frames, then quickly close the animation editor, then save, then open it again and continue work in the anim editor with placing hotspots and such.

YES this exactly. I know bugs you can't reproduce are SUPER annoying. But I feel like this is good place to start for the Construct team to reverse engineer because its so hard to reproduce.

• I forgot to mention it but this is happening to me since at least r332 (not just since last stable r336 release)

• Overboy were those betas? I only use Stable versions and this issue was so blatantly obvious since I have been doing the same things this whole past month and as soon as the Stable version dropped I got the freeze.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)