Complicated Doubt?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hi,

I am using Construct 3 for making a service web app (And I am VERY SERIOUS regarding it). Users will open the website and use it,just like we use Construct 3. But I am stumbled upon some security doubts. I want to fulfill some points regarding it

1.) Advanced minification is great but still is there any other way to make reverse engineer more complicated (something like encryption)

2.) Super best:- Is there any way to prevent downloading of the project.

I know that html export is basically combination of html,css,images etc and it is even foolishness to think about that but still is there any other complex way

3.) Suppose if someone manages to download my project, is there any way which my project can detect that and stops launching

Many of you have html games online.How do you protect your game from getting stolen and being used on their websites?

Or if you have even more ideas then please share

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can use the browser object to check the URL of the browser and do some simple domain locking

• You can use the browser object to check the URL of the browser and do some simple domain locking

Thanks.

• Here's my "noob" reply:

From what I know about construct, data is saved on the user's device only as long as not specified otherwise. What you ask aren't security related question but more the question: "Can others copy my project?" Short answer: Of course.

Even the biggest companies games have been "cracked" sooner or later, there's nothing you can do about it. In the end a project worth isn't really decided depending on it's code but more on it's company and what users associate with it.

So try to focus on that and build a great product or project. Don't waste time on thoughts about making it non-copyable because that's impossible.

• Here's my "noob" reply:

From what I know about construct, data is saved on the user's device only as long as not specified otherwise. What you ask aren't security related question but more the question: "Can others copy my project?" Short answer: Of course.

Even the biggest companies games have been "cracked" sooner or later, there's nothing you can do about it. In the end a project worth isn't really decided depending on it's code but more on it's company and what users associate with it.

So try to focus on that and build a great product or project. Don't waste time on thoughts about making it non-copyable because that's impossible.

Your answer is not noob. It's brilliant. Thanks for the reply

• > Here's my "noob" reply:

> From what I know about construct, data is saved on the user's device only as long as not specified otherwise. What you ask aren't security related question but more the question: "Can others copy my project?" Short answer: Of course.

>

> Even the biggest companies games have been "cracked" sooner or later, there's nothing you can do about it. In the end a project worth isn't really decided depending on it's code but more on it's company and what users associate with it.

>

> So try to focus on that and build a great product or project. Don't waste time on thoughts about making it non-copyable because that's impossible.

Your answer is not noob. It's brilliant. Thanks for the reply

Thanks a lot ☺️

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)