C2 to C3 effects adjustment problem and the Thinking process of programming

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Hello all, I found this little tutorial and went to try it out in C3 but only made it this far: (See image)

First though, to Scirra, I went to look up all about the effects in the game and found barely anything and updated several years ago.. is there another set of Documentation with those in it etc...?

the effect doesn't seem to work with the same in C3 that I does in C2.

When I go to "Parameters for Sprite as instructed, select "Set Effect Parameter" but when the dialogue come up in C3 it does not show the AdjustHSL effect like it does in C2.. no drop down menu to select from either, yet I can see that see effect "AdjustHSL" is added to the sprite.

Which this has gotten me to a thinking..

What is the thinking process I need to have for Construct, thought you can drag and drop, and create with the event sheets like crazy, when you need to create a variable or call the variable to adjust the effect on your sprite like here, yet, Its how to actually understand and write what is need? how do you know how to write the code, when to use "name.whatever" or () etc...

I can create artwork all day, however I am stumped and when I went to do this tutorial, I did it first in C3 and it would not show the effect, yet in C2 it works fine, which led me to thinking that something in the way this must be done in C3 is different than C2, syntax.. something and I simply do not know what to read to understand how to write code and understand what and why Iam doing what Iam doing. So noob i shine...

Link to tutorial:

youtube.com/watch

HOW DO I upload the files to show you! I cannot remember!

I have two files for comparison.

Thank you,

Kosh!

• Parameter index 0 = Hue

Parameter index 1 = Saturation

Parameter index 2 = Luminosity

• Thank you for the reply.. however the parameters dont come up for three Hue Sat and Lum and the the effect does not show up to select... so It seems to not see the effect alo, I went to the manual, little there..

Please try the tutorial in Both C2 if you have and then C3, see if you get tuck where I did..

Many thanks,

Kosh

• Not sure how things work in C2, but in C3 there is no drop down box to select the effect.

The effect is selected based on the string value you place in the effect box.

If the string value matches an effect present in the object, then that effect will be referred to for the parameter index and value options.

Parameters work the same way, there is no drop down box.

If the parameter index is set to 0 and the value is 50, you apply a hue of 50 to the object.

If the parameter index is set to 1 and the value is 0, the object will have 0 saturation.

If the parameter index is set to 2 and the value is set to 120, the object will have a luminosity value of 120.

• Thank you for the reply, much appreciated..

can you answer a couple questions for me then..

One, would you mind doing the quick tutorial and see if you run into the same problem?

youtube.com/watch

two: how do I upload file to the forums? would have been easier to share them.

Three: you understand the logic, how to write expressions or small code when needed in the event sheet, how do I learn to write these..

I would like to animate the parameters of things..

Do you run into any problems with your browser and any browser add ons, in other words, having an effect on C3 to work properly..

I looked for the effects etc.. and all but they have not updated the documentation since 2017.. other than some stuff for C3..

Is Lua the language I need to learn?

Again, Thanks for your help in all this..

• Here's a video (I record on a wide monitor so I recommend watching on 4K quality else it will probably be blurry):

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Hi brother! don't you happen to have the ZIGZAG behavior for construct3? or any tutorial to pass that behavior to c3 file?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you both for your help..

1StepCloser, thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

Corvs, I have not gotten that far, Iam working on all this today.

I would appreciate chatting with you both, so do you both have Discord?

I can give you my e-mail to chat as well.

Would you either mind chatting via e-mail?

It is now 10am Monday, I just got up and saw this from both of you..

gonna be working on C3 tutorials and readings today and going over what you sent Corvs..

You guys able to tell me if you can upload to the forum your cap files?

I can show you what I did and you can laugh and show me what I should have done..

Be writing back soon,

Kosh

• It seems perfect to me, here is my email, fwlipeheserbeng@gmail.com

• Corvs,

I do not have that Zig Zag behavior.

What is it?

Kosh

• Hi there,

I have found the plug ins and behaviors of rex.

2 questions..

1) these were made for C2, will they translate to C3. Being C2 is stand alone and C3 browser based.

2) You are using version 251-2 of the construct editor... Iam using the the latest one I think, 285.3

Is there a reason for staying with an older version?

Thanks for the e-mail, will contact you soon..

Kosh

• Where do I find the zig zag for C3?

All of rex's add on or behaviors come as js files..

seriously have no idea what Iam doing..\</p>

• 1StepCloser!

Thank you for helping me.. I followed what you did and it worked!

I also figured out what I did wrong and why..

I have so many question.. still..

Thank you again.

you on discord?

You can contact me at

koshnaranickoix@hotmail.com

• 1. To place files in the forums you need to first upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox, and then paste the link to the file.

2. I have Discord, what's your tag?

3. For 3rd party plugins I try to follow a general rule: If the 3rd party plugin can be replicated with a mix of events and plugins that are officially supported by the engine, then I will generally refrain from using the 3rd party plugin due to the risks of using a plugin that may no longer be supported by its creator.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)