Build service not working (android export)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • > chill they got the message it'S the weekend

Completely rubbish

Spending weekend doesn't mean that you have right to strip someone's weekend. I lost 2 days of productivity.

Not sure there's any need to jump to conclusions here. For all you know, there could be people trying to solve this since Friday.

We all signed up for a software service, and services go down. It's part of every software service. If that's not factored into your productivity, you should look at your workflow, rather than lash out at others for inconveniencing you.

• > > chill they got the message it'S the weekend

>

> Completely rubbish

> Spending weekend doesn't mean that you have right to strip someone's weekend. I lost 2 days of productivity.

Not sure there's any need to jump to conclusions here. For all you know, there could be people trying to solve this since Friday.

We all signed up for a software service, and services go down. It's part of every software service. If that's not factored into your productivity, you should look at your workflow, rather than lash out at others for inconveniencing you.

1.)So you mean to say it is my responsibility to figure out in advance that servers are gonna be down. Cool

2.) Service is down for more than 48 hours. Read again. 48 hours

3.) If they would had been working on the issue then they would had issued a message.

• 1.)So you mean to say it is my responsibility to figure out in advance that servers are gonna be down. Cool

2.) Service is down for more than 48 hours. Read again. 48 hours

3.) If they would had been working on the issue then they would had issued a message.

It's not difficult: if you don't want to accept unexpected outages, your development workflow should use build services that are under your control. Or, if you use 3rd-party build services, you should expect that your workflow will be occasionally interrupted by unexpected outages and external dependencies. It's one or the other. More control and less convenience, or vice versa. If you choose convenience, but also expect things to go your way/move at your speed/etc., you're likely going to be as unhappy as you are now.

• > 1.)So you mean to say it is my responsibility to figure out in advance that servers are gonna be down. Cool

> 2.) Service is down for more than 48 hours. Read again. 48 hours

> 3.) If they would had been working on the issue then they would had issued a message.

It's not difficult: if you don't want to accept unexpected outages, your development workflow should use build services that are under your control. Or, if you use 3rd-party build services, you should expect that your workflow will be occasionally interrupted by unexpected outages and external dependencies. It's one or the other. More control and less convenience, or vice versa. If you choose convenience, but also expect things to go your way/move at your speed/etc., you're likely going to be as unhappy as you are now.

Still doesn't satisfy reason behind blackout of servers for more than 48 hours. Few hours blackout is acceptable but this is really too much.

And BTW this is not the first time that their servers are down

And yeah definitely I will have to explore offline export to avoid outrage next time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Some publishers have very harsh penalties for not fixing game bugs in time - thousands of dollars or many %% of revenue for every day. So outages like this may indeed be very costly for some developers.

Also, it's "only" a build server this time, but tomorrow the main service which handles C3 logins may be down, and people will not be able to work on the weekend.

It's probably time for Scirra to set up some kind of emergency after hours support for severe outages.

• CascadeGames

How many millions are you losing from this outage? Calm down.

If this puts you out so much you should consider hand coding your projects.

Things happen.

Stares quizzically at the Business License page.

• For a paid subscription service, and as key part of it, I feel like this situation does at least warrant some complaints.

The devs are uncharacteristically silent about it though, considering how much they normally engage with the community. Either they're working on it and don't have a resolution in sight yet (and are hopefully working on it rather than browsing the forums), or they are taking a normal weekend and it hasn't been brought to their attention via a higher priority communication channel other than forum posts, say an email to supportrpx@construct.net or the bug tracker. Or they've got some sort of other higher priority emergency, it's a small team after all.

Generally speaking though, complaining on internet forums is probably one of the least effective routes of getting anything to actually change in pretty much any situation.

• I don't get it. By the comments here you'd think the entire program was down instead of one feature.

Yeah, I need to update an .aab, and yeah, it's inconvenient that we can't do that right now, but that's the only thing we can't do.

We can still build games. We can still test games.

It's not like C3 is the only generator that has ever had an issue from time to time. Go somewhere else. You'll have issues there also.

Maybe it's because I'm a woman and I'm just used to putting up with crap, but considering the alternatives out there, I'll wait a few days to update my .aab.

• Its Monday and still not working. Am trying to export to ios and got stuck between "build service preparing project" and "build service connecting to server" and then gives the message "build failed" after a while. Hope to see this fixed soon...

• The problem is not solved.

• i did it (it's working):D at last

• let's construct 3, immediately fix the system. we have lost our productive time just to wait for the system which is still constrained. we are ready to pay, you must be ready to give us the best service thank you

• The problem is not solved.

It's working now, just came back to say thank you construct guys..☺

• It's all fixed now - it needed a reboot. Unfortunately it happened on the weekend when all our staff are typically off. We'll have a look at what we can do to improve this in the future if it happens again.

Sorry everyone for any inconvenience it might of caused.

• Thanks Tom!

Looking forward to the improvements, but that said, really appreciate the team's effort so far!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)