can we see a blog talking about the teamwork feature?

0 favourites
  • i dont see now any reason to buy C3, there is no real explanation to that license payment now, the workflow its exactly the same as C2.

• Ashley

There are two kinds of license for business : Start-up Business License, Business License, it seems that C3 is facing to team usage.

But the workflow is the same with C2? Do you assume that there is only one developer to edit the project?

• In my humble and not very professional opinion, why not have it set so that if someone is editing then it should not be editable for other members, having a text somehere "Bob is editing now...." and then when he's finished it go green, and Alice can now edit, so then it is not editable by Bob.. That along with chat should work.

• In my humble and not very professional opinion, why not have it set so that if someone is editing then it should not be editable for other members, having a text somehere "Bob is editing now...." and then when he's finished it go green, and Alice can now edit, so then it is not editable by Bob.. That along with chat should work.

That should work by saving it to a common cloud storage account and using a 3rd party chat tool for that. Then each developer can open up the project at their turn by using their own Scirra account.

• We tried using Construct 2 (exploded caproj) with SVN and its ok, not great but manageable and workable. Ashley for C3 since its in the cloud, it will be the same workflow right? We need to download our exploded xml(in C3 its json with some binary right?) project in our local then use svn from that point, or does C3 have api ties with dropbox/googledrive and we sync from there and no need to manually download.

I think what this post wanted to see is a real time C3 UI based merging tool intended for Construct ^^.

1. If its not real time and someone needs to commit at a certain point of time and do merging, then C3 might have a built-in file repository and versioning with comparator and layout and event locking mechanism.

2. I would love to see a UI based event comparator, or for the layout a position based comparator.

End of the day it is a lot of dev effort and testing on your part, not really sure how much value it would add C3 though.

• Ashley

There are two kinds of license for business : Start-up Business License, Business License, it seems that C3 is facing to team usage.

But the workflow is the same with C2? Do you assume that there is only one developer to edit the project?

100% agree with you Rex...

C3 looked all the way like a team platform for developing games until now, its EXACTLY THE SAME as C2...

i dont know if Ashley have any experience working in the game dev industry or he just work on engines but a collab feature is 100% needed, even unreal engine and unity have collab features.

most devs dont work alone.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • pinoypixel

Yes, it is possible to merge project under text (xml) level, but it is tooo hard for normal users, there is no official document to describe these xml files.

I also hope C3 will add project importing (merge a C3 project to another one) feature, too.

• a merge feature would be amazing, that would help a lot, just importing layouts by hand its a nightmare

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)