Attention Everyone Must Read Official list of Chrome Bugs

From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video

Well apart from the fanboyism/hate relationship that there is currently (which I don't get but whatever), PixelPower does have a point:

Scirra does tend to not fix bugs coming from a third party ("Close as won't fix" anyone?), which break our games multiple times in the past for sometimes a very long wait (the jank/stutter), imagine a bug similar happens and break C3, oh my god, I hope they have a plan for that, because telling users not to update their browser would be downright stupid.

Well apart from the fanboyism/hate relationship that there is currently (which I don't get but whatever), PixelPower does have a point:

Scirra does tend to not fix bugs coming from a third party ("Close as won't fix" anyone?), which break our games multiple times in the past for sometimes a very long wait (the jank/stutter), imagine a bug similar happens and break C3, oh my god, I hope they have a plan for that, because telling users not to update their browser would be downright stupid.

Totally agree

Is the problem of making Construct 3 work in the browser if something breaks in the browser Scirra have no control to fix it

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

>

> > Is there a slight chance you are... umm maybe... hired by clickteam or yoyogames to rant on this?

> >

> nah, he's just very pissed. Then again, seeing so many mindless "fainboism" from various C2 users - I think the world is in balance rotfl.

>

You probably shouldn't read the rest of his posts then.

I did. He's nuts. E-raging every day.

Then again - don't play saint - he is an different version of you, from the other side of the hedge.

Except you've never been barbaric or/and rage spewing, I give you that.

But you two DO have a common ground. You often look at things from only one perspective, which you never adjust. Making yourself blind and deaf for any opinion that isn't your. Not always, but very often.

He would keep bitting Scirra's butt with even his dying breath. You on the other hand would let Scirra sell your own mother or chop off your kidney. At least, thats how most of us see you two. Which you might not be aware of. There is a reason why people reply to you two so rarely nowadays.

Haha newt the defender of all things C2 and C3 . Don't bother responding to Newt just ignore him. All he does is defend Construct 2 he does not see any issues and agree's with everything Construct 2 developers say.

Notice he came in the thread targeting me and not the subject of the thread.

P.S. I only start dissing people when they come after me. I only posted facts and then someone jumps in , ignores the facts and starts aiming at me. Thats the only time I start putting people in their place. I am a really nice guy but I don't take nonsense from anyone.

More than happy to lock this if the aggression gets any worse.

Please try to be patient and civil when making posts.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I would do so here and now. The nature of this thread is more of a "informative" anyway. There is nothing to argue about - the links are there, the numbers are too. All that can come at this point is another "posts war".

Which... kind a happens every single time when Newt and PixelPower are in the same space and time.

Thanks.

Ok go ahead and lock it. You sent in your fanboys to take aim at me and derail the thread because I just posted facts that Construct developers don't want in the open. Then mysteriously you show up threatening to lock the thread? Go ahead and lock it I am tired of this B.S. I already knew you were coming once I saw Newt its the same pattern. You are Newt haha what a pathetic joke.

I will add this, when chrome launched its extension shop it was a trojan horse playground. google harvested this.

Here's my opinion; never touching chrome unless i have to, the only positive i see in using chrome is if you limit your use to just c3 on chrome, since every tab is it's own process and that's no good, it's so unstable it would crash my computer trying to compete with opera or second case, firefox, 10-20 tabs in chrome equals 50-100 tabs in opera in terms of performance on ram et cetera. my powerhouse has been happy ever since (and every other computer i've touched, opera > firefox > IE > chrome

I'm probably coming off really pessimistic on these forums, but i have nothing to complain about since i have free access to c3 for a while and can form an opinion from that, though i am wondering how long it will take to get it on the desktop. we all still have c2 anyway, but i will admit after reading about the third party stuff on these forums i am a little concerned.

Ofcourse there are bugs in chrome.

Will they affect C3? Probably.

Thing is there have always been bugs in software,

Nobody is perfect on this.

BUT:

Just like there are bugs, there are possibilities

to work around them. It may just be more work,

but rarely anything is impossible.

Think outside the box, don't fall stuck on the Chrome thing.

They only announced Chrome, since it has the Standards they make use of.

Also keep in mind, C3 is not released yet. Open beta did not even start.

There are bugs for sure, but most likely the big ones will be solved in time

And you won't see anything of it.

Construct Classic = windows + directX. Feature creep all over the place. Abandoned, left unfinished. Left for community to extend and "clean up", after it's sinkage.

Construct 2 = HTML5, new tech at the day of release. Jack of all trades - master of none. Is being maintained but not really extended. Far from "finished" state, but its Devs claims otherwise, of course. If not for community workers such as Gigatron, Rex, Pode, R0jo and others - it would met CC fate already.

Construct 3 = yet again, a new approach, new tech and experimentation.

It really doesn't take to be a rocket scientist to spot a reoccurring pattern over here.

I am not bashing Scirra or Construct brand. If that would be the case, I would left this forum long time ago. Yet I am still here, after all those years (8 years as a user, almost 7 years with a forum account).

That's because Construct, be it Classic or 2, is still one of the faster if not THE fastest engine, in terms of rapid prototyping and fluid workflow. But the real problem, every single time, is when you are close to finishing your game or right after doing so. When you have to publish it. And I am not talking about regular platform-specific hassles like paperwork, size limits, and stuff.

Lack of proper Steam API, no Node Webkit export customization leaving you with a default mess that you can do nothing about, all game's assets RAR'ed into simply unprotected archive for anybody to take, not being able to change exe icon by normal means, not being able to even rename that ugly nw.exe, Intel slowly dropping support for Intel XDK, no 1st party API for Flash Portals games, shaders and plugins working in the editor but not working upon export, shaders and plugins not working in the editor WORKING upon export, constant 3rd party reliance whenever you actually want to send your baby into the world, random unknown FPS drops/memory leaks. 95% of features request/bug reports closed because "won't fix"/"wont add cuz reasons/little priority" (aka busy with C3 so "up yours!"), and games randomly working or not working at all on various OS'es, browsers, setups.

One can digest only so much before leaving the boat or going PixelPower hehehe.

I am here because I still, "after all this time", care. Care and hope.

Care - about Construct.

Hope - for a miracle.

Irbis One of the most excellent post I have seen on Construct 2. Here is a little hope if you develop for mobile I made this

That's what keeps me coming here!!!

Is there a slight chance you are... umm maybe... hired by clickteam or yoyogames to rant on this?

(this OP is one of a kind ) Jokes aside tho, I have seen worst problems else where. Well I guess the current situation of the web is ever-changing and definitely affects C3 as a HTML5 game engine. But throughout the months or even years the web has come really a long way and it is still moving forward.

Any software has it's bugs, and a open source project like chromium is one of them to say the least. They are accessible to the public and everyone sees it. Nothing to hide here, just don't see why the need to make a thread and make click baits to it about bugs. I believe Scirra will address them to us just like what they did for the pass few years.

I can work with this engine or another. I can contribute to the open project and help fix things. Too many redundant obvious facts here to even take it seriously. But hey, not to offend anyone here I apologise for that!

Irbis One of the most excellent post I have seen on Construct 2. Here is a little hope if you develop for mobile I made this

That's what keeps me coming here!!!

"Sadly" I've moved from Mobiles due to "export nightmare", non-existing software/hardware normalization, and overall mobile specific troubles. Plus - there is little to no user-dev interaction or community building on mobiles due to casual, "easy come easy go" nature of the platform. And community interaction, beside the money, is the top reason I make games. Hence I migrated to Desktops. And now I have a different sort of headache because Node Webkit.

But, oh well - at least I'm getting that user-dev experience. Which is nice.

Shame you have to spend additional $73.99 (almost the price of the engine!) on MadSpy Steam API plugin. Which doesn't fix NW.js problems of course, but at least enables you to deliver a more "complete" experience to the end-user.

Locking this thread. Please keep things civil everyone. I know tempers are running high at the moment, but please respect each other otherwise we'll have to start handing out temp bans.

Just to throw in one more post - Windows itself probably has far more bugs than Chrome. You just can't see them all on an easily searchable list. And you can't make your own reports to alert Microsoft to any issues that affect your software.

So pointing at a normal bug tracker for a large software project doesn't really prove anything. In fact I have always counted this as a major plus - I can and do file bugs when they affect C2, and frequently Google fix them, and sometimes even within a few days. You can't do that with Windows or innumerable other software projects.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)