AJAX Post to PlayFab fails on Android apk

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
We present to you “Post Apocalyptic Trailer” – our newest hard hitting, bass rumbling designed movie trailer collection.
  • HEY! So I've been speaking with and I feel dumb for wasting their time. Again :)

If you are using the PlayFab plugin they wrote, it is easy to diagnose the issue. In my case, I was simply using a username that was too long.

Strangely the network tab was showing me the response code of 404 -- PAGE NOT FOUND. I stopped looking further down the line of code -- problem found right?

Wrong. For some reason it 404's, but the reason comes back in the plugin: USER NAME MUST BE BETWEEN 3-20 CHARACTERS.

So I shortened the username and it works.

What system are you using to connect? If you are not using Chadorios' I HIGHLY recommend it.

• Reminder :: The "Red" Error "POST 400" Is a common playfab error that indicates the response is negative and is nothing to worry about.

• Could someone of the Construct Team explain me how to make the exported APK contain the permission:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />

Without that permission the game cannot make requests to the internet and to servers.

Though that using AJAX plugin automatically add that permission but it is not the case.

How can I add it from Construct export?

At the moment I need to export unsigned APK, add manually that permission, sign the APK and zipalign it because with the standard signed export the permission is not added

• So here's the thing about android and xcode exports -- you gota configure a bunch of stuff yourself.

What I do on xcode is just replace the www folder which contains the actual Construct export.

You'll need to manually create icons, permissions, all that jazz. So do that yourself, and on your next export, just replace the files that are... "outside" of android studio.

Ya follow?

• IIRC, all Construct exports already require Internet permission, because Cordova needs it to work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No, as I wrote, I opened the exported signed APK generated from Construct 3 and in the AndroidManifest.XML there are only these permissions:

<uses-permission

android:name="com.android.vending.BILLING" />

<uses-permission

android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />

• I also suffered with this problem.

I accidentally discovered that this checkbox toggles the state in the AndroidManifest.xml file

<uses-permission android: name = "android.permission.INTERNET" />

on the

<uses-permission android: name = "android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />

• Sorry, the picture was not attached for some reason.

I meant a tick "Require External storage write permission" in the window Cordova options.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)