Viewing and playing student game projects

From the Asset Store
Game Development Student Workbook for Construct 2 & Construct 3.

What would be the best way for students to share their projects with each other and play each others games? Any ideas?

If they have no subscriptions then I guess you can only share the construct project files and load the project and play from the editor. If they have subscriptions you can export as APK to install and play on mobile, or a PC file where you can launch the game from desktop.

While I love Construct's save flexibility for projects, I always have students save as / download a copy that generates a .3cp file. I have them name and list version numbers per session to keep track of where they are and can always revert back to previous versions if they get too far or end up breaking something. It also makes it easier to test and check each other when we do some sharing sessions.

I have my students use the remote preview option to play each other's games.

When I grade games, I have students screen record and send me the recording.

I've used a site called Netlify, where you can make a free account that has drag-and-drop site creation. You can export game for web, then literally drag the zip file over and it will make a full site you can share. Don't know all the limitations for free, etc. but I've been amazed by it.

I've used a site called Netlify, where you can make a free account that has drag-and-drop site creation. You can export game for web, then literally drag the zip file over and it will make a full site you can share. Don't know all the limitations for free, etc. but I've been amazed by it.

Good point, I use Netlify as well and didn't mention it!

If you want to share the project files, then try using shared folders in Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive with Construct's cloud save. For example you could set up a shared folder that all students can save their project to. There's more information in the manual entry on sharing projects.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Also check out Vercel. It's free to open a hobby account, quite easy to install the command line tool (it just requires Node.js) and use that to publish (and later update) exported HTML5 games made with Construct:

1. Extract the exported ZIP file to an empty directory

2. Open up a command line and go to that directory

3. Execute vercel to upload the first version (it will ask a couple of questions) or vercel --prod to update an existing one

You'll get a public URL in seconds. You can also copy the .c3p files to the same directory and upload them along with the exported game.

Just found a new simpler free option (although you do have to create an account):

static.app

I've just uploaded a ZIP file straight from the Construct 3 HTML5 export process without any changes and it worked like a charm:

construct-test.static.app

Just found a new simpler free option (although you do have to create an account):

https://static.app/

Nice find. Another similar service is Netlify Drop which also lets you drag and drop in a folder and start hosting it.

https://static.app/

I've just uploaded a ZIP file straight from the Construct 3 HTML5 export process without any changes and it worked like a charm:

https://construct-test.static.app/

Can't open your static test page. I have been stick with Netlify for 6 years now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)