TankWars php multiplayer test

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Paypal PHP Supports multiple platforms, Web/html5 Android, IOS. (Including storing transaction data)
  • I built the Firebase plugin to do this kind of thing without a server. Firebase's hosts are served off a CDN and are a million times faster than anything you or I could afford bandwidth wise.

I played your tanks game but I got lonely :(

I don't understand the radar, it it's coordinates relative?? It seemed to be taunting me but I could never get anywhere. I got stuck and annoyed in the wall maze too. The walls are waaaay too long to be fun trying to navigate whilst moving at snails pace.

I want a fight though! It will be awesome if enough people are online at the same time.

• tlarkworthy

Hi, thanks for playing ^_^

The radar is just a small representation of the entire map, but you can hide in the corners xD as the radar dial is round and only shows positions when the dial cross's it.

I figured the map huge yesterday already, but making half as small would require some repositioning.

I'm making progress on a somewhat different game where I was testing the php for, which requires far less connection stress as this one, but still :)

TanksWars game mechanics in construct itself is less then 60 events though :)

I was just playing your game still, busy trying to get the controls to work decent to get that nebuchanezer one hehe :D

About other methods to connect, and send data, this does work with cocoon hehe, and I am a php programmer myself with quite some mysql experience and if need be build enormous relational databases :)   its a bit of my forte, so dont want to switch ^_^

• lennaert,

nice job, me and a friend of mine poked around in the map for a while. took a bit for us to get on the same 'game', but then we got and trolled around for zombie tanks...lol.

good job on the multiplayer. you may get swamped with requests for a tutorial soon...lol.

• lennaert,

nice job, me and a friend of mine poked around in the map for a while. took a bit for us to get on the same 'game', but then we got and trolled around for zombie tanks...lol.

good job on the multiplayer. you may get swamped with requests for a tutorial soon...lol.

hahah awesome :D

thanks for the feedback ^_^

I was creating an on screen control for mobile devices this morning, and suddenly noticed people slaughtered all the other tanks :P

Good work :D

am already in the process of making a tutorial for the engine :)

• I have added a tutorial to make games like this, everything should be in the   tutorial   including a capx file which holds the PHP files.

• lennaert

Oh, wow, thanks man. Will go through it this afternoon while wife watches her 'series' and the little one sleeps.

Cheers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > lennaert,

>

> nice job, me and a friend of mine poked around in the map for a while. took a bit for us to get on the same 'game', but then we got and trolled around for zombie tanks...lol.

>

> good job on the multiplayer. you may get swamped with requests for a tutorial soon...lol.

hahah awesome :D

thanks for the feedback ^_^

I was creating an on screen control for mobile devices this morning, and suddenly noticed people slaughtered all the other tanks :P

Good work :D

am already in the process of making a tutorial for the engine :)

and you just answered my question before i could ask it. i was wondering how cool it would be to troll around on my ipod touch.

• harrio

>

> > lennaert,

> >

> > nice job, me and a friend of mine poked around in the map for a while. took a bit for us to get on the same 'game', but then we got and trolled around for zombie tanks...lol.

> >

> > good job on the multiplayer. you may get swamped with requests for a tutorial soon...lol.

>

> hahah awesome :D

>

> thanks for the feedback ^_^

>

> I was creating an on screen control for mobile devices this morning, and suddenly noticed people slaughtered all the other tanks :P

>

> Good work :D

>

> am already in the process of making a tutorial for the engine :)

>

and you just answered my question before i could ask it. i was wondering how cool it would be to troll around on my ipod touch.

Haha :D

You have an awefull good sense of timing, I just uploaded the new version with some imporved graphics and an on screen control.

The on screen joy stick should be obvious.

I adjusted the firing mechanism; When you are able to shoot, you can either click space bar once to arm your tank (red control knob becomes red) and pressing it again will fire.

this works from the control knob too. When its in neutral position, tap it once so it becomes red, armed, tapping it again will fire the rocket.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)