Star Nomad 2 on Steam, iOS & Android!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Great work there! Good choice not going for Early Access, as most players who check the game in early stage usually do not come back even if the final version is much better. My game is still far from final version and I'm now in a strange situation where I'm limiting the marketing as much as possible to gather players when the full version is available

But nevertheless, having a community during the alpha helped me so much with feedback, bug hunting, ideas and critique!

Guess you had a group of testers during the alpha phase, didn't you? It is really mandatory!

Congratulation for the imminent release, fingers crossed!

• Congratulations!

• Congratulations!

• Congratulations.. just seen the mention on Rock Paper Shotgun too. I have no idea how you get in touch with them.. tried multiple times.

• Awesome stuff, and congrats on the RPS article too! The game looks fantastic, let's hope you can knock this one out of the park!

• awesome about RPS! good luck!

• Great news about the RPS article! Excellent!!

• Danwood

piszozo

gumshoe2029

spongehammer

C-7

jobel

Colludium

Thanks guys.

I wanted to let you all know, quite a few beta testers have played it already and they all had excellent performance. They said combat was very smooth and fluid and some of them even ran on Intel HD4000 laptops, which in NW10.5, was a disaster. So a good side-effect of the v8 engine in recent Chromium that's used in 13 alpha 6/7, is better optimizations for crap intel graphics!

This is a huge deal for all C2 devs who export to PC. Prior, even simple games with a few webgl effects would run like crap on Intel integrated graphics.

Also, holy cow, I wasn't expecting that RPS coverage!! I just do the normal thing looking at traffic to my blog this morning when waking up, and today it went to the moon.

Also RPS tend not to cover very niche indie titles so I wasn't expecting it.

But all I did was fire off an email, with a link to the Steam store and a key to invite them to try it. So I guess the author tried it and liked it.

• Great work there! Good choice not going for Early Access, as most players who check the game in early stage usually do not come back even if the final version is much better. My game is still far from final version and I'm now in a strange situation where I'm limiting the marketing as much as possible to gather players when the full version is available

But nevertheless, having a community during the alpha helped me so much with feedback, bug hunting, ideas and critique!

Guess you had a group of testers during the alpha phase, didn't you? It is really mandatory!

Congratulation for the imminent release, fingers crossed!

You make a great point, EA is risky for games that are far from finished, regardless of what people like to think, first impressions do last.

But at this point, I'm just guessing like most of you guys here on whats right or wrong or the best way to go about being a gamedev. I haven't got success yet. I don't even have a C2 business license (because Desura stole a lot of my earnings!!).

I hope to buy the C2 business license soon though.

• The crazy thing... I've had 2 beta testers on very old PCs.

With duo core 2ghz from 2006. On integrated express chipset graphics 4 from Intel. Not even HD3000. Like before and beyond that.

They tell me the game runs fluids, a little bit of lag in the biggest battles only.

The amount of particles and effect usage is quite high so I am very pleased with the performance on NW 0.13 alpha 7. I did test this prior on NW 0.10.5 and it ran crap on anything Intel, even newer HD4000.

• Congratulations on your Steam release! Everybody go buy it!

• Congratulations on your Steam release! Everybody go buy it!

Thanks Adam,

and no, only buy it if you like space trader/combat sims.

• Looking very good. Question, as you had Star Nomad already on Steam, did you need to go through GreenLight too for Star Nomand 2?

• Congratz Looks like sales are going well! Awesome work!

MikeHart Every game needs to go through the greenlight process until you are a trusted developer/publisher on Steam which most indies never becomes. So even if it is a sequel to a game aldready on Steam you'll have to get it greenlit as well

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yup, Anonnymitet is correct regarding greenlight.

I'm more happy about the few bugs and they are all minor. Zero crashes so far.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)