rgeuens Thanks! I gave some tips buried in this thread somewhere:
Some very subjective tips:
- Always make a style board before you start a project.
- Colour theory is more important than anything else.
- You don't need to be able to draw, you just need to be able to keep going until it looks good.
- Focus on removing detail rather than adding it.
- Don't look at games for creative inspiration.
A couple of sites for inspiration:
Also if you like the art for Mortar Melon, check out the game Mush that I also did art for.
Cheers everyone. Artwork is finally ingame after an all-nighter ;)