Dark Ages [Spatial Roguelike RTS]

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
10 isometric and animated Strategy Game Buildings in two Colors.
  • Hello,

I would like to present a game, which development started around 2016/2017 and was interrupted because of time. Nowadays I try to finish my projects done with Construct 2 (the first one being Ultimate Barbarian https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/your-construct-2-creations-23/ultimate-barbarian-action-rpg-133699?kws=ultimate%2bbarbarian, available on Itch.io). There are four games in total and will progressively be released.

Dark Ages

It's a small spatial roguelike where the player pilots a ship in a top down view with kind of RTS controls. Playing the role of a former imperial captain that became rogue and embraced piracy, he must run away from a criminal organization to whom he stole a ship. This runaway happens whilst following a quest revealed during a dream in which he saw a sacred planet he has to find in order to take his retreat and find peace among the stars.

Features

• Dozens of solar systems to explore in a procedural generated star sector
    • Planets to survey through dialogs by sending an exploration team
    • Ships, fleets and stations to encounter, interact with or fight
    • Several human and alien factions waging war
    • Tactical spatial battles with multiple ship class and weapons with lots of effects
    • Possibility to board and capture enemy vessels by sending boarding teams
    • A legendary pirate faction hunting for the player through the game

Some screenshots :

Tagged:

• Wow looks awesome, can't wait to play it.

• KnivetonStudios, thank you ! It's a small game inspired by old school space battle titles and more recent like FTL and the awesome Starsector, though it doesn't pretend to be as well crafted than those ones. The goal is to make battles look nice and dangerous, to give freedom for exploration and decision and to make the player feels like a tactician when he managed to board an enemy ship in the middle of a fight then jump out to secure. These kind of things.

• Hello everyone,

I've just released the demo for Dark Ages on Itch.io. Any feedback or suggestion is welcomed ! The full version will be available soon.

https://nabu.itch.io/saeculis-obscuris

By the way, we changed the name of the game, as it was already taken by at least three others. The title was simply translated in Latin. Although I really prefer two words english titles, that could easily sound like a punchline, this one isn't bad, what do you think ?

Hope you'll like it !

• Great job!! Looks really good!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks RJP3,

Feel free to try the demo, and the other games available on my Itch.io page !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)