Airscape: The Fall of Gravity - OUT NOW!

From the Asset Store
Gravity Square is a game where I aim to reach the square at the polka dot door :)
  • congrats on release, as for sale numbers, they will grow after your latest pr stunt:) but it's way harder than a few years ago.

In general wise, if the game doesnt hit a certain niche with some uniqueness and gets some traction, it will barely sell on steam, things changed a lot in the last 3 years, these days Steam is not curated, new releases are not anymore on home page, and lots of shovelware to compete with, so its kinda hard. At the same time, even if your game is good, you are in competition with everybody. Most of the indie devs started with platformers, so they are ton out there. Its quite hard these days no matter how "bad/good" is your game.

And since this is your first game, at least i guess with the current team, it did and it will do quite fine. Very few people did well when they launched their first game, beside those lucky to be the first on the first years of indie gold rush on steam.

• And since this is your first game, at least i guess with the current team, it did and it will do quite fine. Very few people did well when they launched their first game, beside those lucky to be the first on the first years of indie gold rush on steam.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I haven't played Airscape, but just looking at it I can tell there was plenty of polish and talent that went into it. I hope this experience doesn't discourage you completely. 3 and a half years can definitely build up some high expectations, so I can understand the disappointment.

However, a lot of the time, commercial success comes after a lot of failure. I like to point to the fellow who made 5 Nights at Freddy's. He had several games beforehand that were considered flops. He was told that his animalectronic looking characters were too creepy to be any fun in his games. He took that "Failure" and made it into a success. Perhaps look hard at "What went wrong" in the post mortem and use it for your next game?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is too awesome!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)