Post videos of what you're working on!

From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Lookin' good, pyteo!

Here's a trailer I cut of my platformer, "Blight."

Subscribe to Construct videos now

<--HD (be sure to pick 720p)

<--SD (Not HD)

• your dude's walk animation looks really smooth, and I love the multiple scrolling backgrounds.

• Oh, thanks Ing!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This was created mainly to test the Xaudio2 thingy. I now finally understand why my sounds were screwed up (meaning I can get them to work )

Super Marine Brothers, a Natural Selection TSA Marine has entered the Mushroom Kingdom

VERY rough demo file here

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17105373/Constu ... ld0001.zip

Controls:

Movement: WASD (well AD for now)

Shooting: Right Control

Taunt: F

Jump: Space

Medkit: Q and Ammo: E (might have the comm drop it or something)

Quit/exit game: Escape

UnknownWorlds website (Natural Selection developers)

http://www.unknownworlds.com/

• Lookin' good, pyteo!

Here's a trailer I cut of my platformer, "Blight."

<--HD (be sure to pick 720p)

<--SD (Not HD)

Some really nice details and the parallax scrolling is great.

• Was trying something for this little THE GAME PROTOTYPE CHALLENGE (#5)

But things never work out as well in Construct as I think they will in my head

VIDEO

Dissapointed now I thought I was onto something interesting.

• Was trying something for this little THE GAME PROTOTYPE CHALLENGE (#5)

But things never work out as well in Construct as I think they will in my head

VIDEO

Dissapointed now I thought I was onto something interesting.

Bar the fact that their seems to be no definitive goal, I think that looks pretty neat actually. You should totally come up with some sortof goal set for it (something to do with filling up the playfield with dots maybe or managing to get both linked creatures to a certain point before the lava rises with limits to how far you can stretch??).

• > Was trying something for this little THE GAME PROTOTYPE CHALLENGE (#5)

>

> But things never work out as well in Construct as I think they will in my head

>

> VIDEO

>

> Dissapointed now I thought I was onto something interesting.

>

Bar the fact that their seems to be no definitive goal, I think that looks pretty neat actually. You should totally come up with some sortof goal set for it (something to do with filling up the playfield with dots maybe or managing to get both linked creatures to a certain point before the lava rises with limits to how far you can stretch??).

Thanks.

The idea was to get as high as you can (levels where going to semi randomly generated) before being killed by the lava or the level obstacles.

The dots were supposed to show were the little blue guy would go. You don't directly control the blue guy, don't know if that came across well in the video. He follows your last path (the dots & will be limited) and you just tell him to move and stop, that's why the other guy is red (stop) or green (go).

And the black strechy thing is the camera. The game screen should follow between the 2 characters.

Well I probably won't finish it time for the challenge but I'll try expanding it see if it fun. Maybe post a demo see what people think.

• hay everybody! remember this

Yeah, I JUST NOW recorded that! It's only about NINE THOUSAND YEARS OLD

• I like it, deadeye. The dude sort of scares me but it's a neat way to build a platformer. It really makes me think of Chip's Challenge a lot (that old dos game).

• deadeye: I love the face of this square guy Must be some pain to design those levels, right?

Hope you finish it

• deadeye: I love the face of this square guy Must be some pain to design those levels, right?

Hope you finish it

Thanks, and yeah it is kind of a pain. I need a level editor that rotates

• hay everybody! remember this

Yeah, I JUST NOW recorded that! It's only about NINE THOUSAND YEARS OLD

I remember seeing this when I first discovered Construct. Still looks like a hell of a lot of fun. And mind bending.

• Expanded my prototype with deadeyes help. And also created 2 quick puzzle levels using the same mechanics.

• Expanded my prototype with deadeyes help. And also created 2 quick puzzle levels using the same mechanics.

Looks good.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)