Man's best Friend

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • amazing work on game flow

• Thanks all!

I have built more levels and re-built almost all of the graphics leaning more heavily on 3D modelling as a basis.

BUT

I am disheartened as every so often my character simply falls through a floor. That's something I can't fix of even pin to a specific issue and it's a real disincentive to keep working on the game.

Needless to say I haven't touched it in over a month. Not sure what to do next.

Glenn

• Great idea, executed well! I'd buy it. Graphics are fun to watch. Good luck finishing it.

• glennmel this is brilliant. I'm surprised you chose C2 given your expertise & it's lack of advanced animation tools (I just use it as a quick prototyping tool) but it's still a capable program. As for your collision problem, if you post a stripped-down version of your character system I'm sure someone can help.

• Outstanding!

Edit - Are you using the platform behavior or a control derived from the physics plugin? This is a blind stab in the dark. If your player collision polygon changes so that some of it instantly overlaps a jump-through solid, then the platformer engine can assume a fall through is enabled... Just a guess . Your artwork is simply excellent.

• Recent screens showing my new assets...

[quote:3kdcf587]Are you using the platform behavior or a control derived from the physics plugin?

I'm using the platform behavior. It could be my player's polygon though it's pretty much a rectangle all of the time. I might try to swap the dog out for a single rectangle and see how that goes for a while. Thanks for the suggestion.

[quote:3kdcf587]I'm surprised you chose C2 given your expertise & it's lack of advanced animation tools

Ha! I have no expertise in game dev at all. I'm a film and animation guy. http://glennmelenhorst.com/website/

Thanks for the encouragement peeps. I will find some time to dig into it.

• It looks really nice, I am inspired!

• Actually I checked my dog asset and he's a rectangular bounding box for every animation.

Glenn

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I was under the impression that we were supposed to use a separate bounding box (like a simple rectangle sprite) that the character is pinned to. It's supposed to be more consistent since it never changes. You would give the simple sprite the platformer abilities, and the character sprite would be just for looks basically.

• Looks AWESOME! Can't wait to see it done :0

• glennmel, excellent work! The graphics are nice and crisp. Congrats on what you've achieved so far!

The dog reminds me of Courage the Cowardly Dog. Actually not just the dog the game gives off a gloomy vibe just like the program Courage the Cowardly Dog.

• lovely animations / graphics, gameplay looks good also.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)