Fist of Stronk Devblog + "tech demo"! [Updated Sept. 8]

0 favourites
  • > I sensed you were doing that. Looks great so far! I think your game is really pushing me to go the 3D route

>

I really recommend you do it! The learning curve can be pretty high, though. Just stick to one tool that can do everything, like Blender, which is 100% free. I'd use it if I didn't teach myself to use 3ds Max years ago, and I'm now unable to learn any other 'traditional' 3D tool anymore. Also don't go for stuff like Zbrush, Mudbox, Sculptris or 3D Coat before you learn a traditional 3D software first. Those can't rig, animate or pre-render stuff for you.

I used to use Maya religiously for several years for 3D (Model, Rig, Texture/shade, animation, etc). Your game has motivated me to pick it back up. Can't wait to see your progress!

• I used to use Maya religiously for several years for 3D (Model, Rig, Texture/shade, animation, etc). Your game has motivated me to pick it back up. Can't wait to see your progress!

Nice! I'll be updating with a bunch of screenshots during next week. Lots of testing has been happening, but nothing concrete to show. I'm basically trying to find a workflow for level pieces that look good with the character models and how to render/use them in the game quickly.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey, to anyone following this thread, sorry for not updating in a while. Honestly, I've been experimenting with level graphics lately and only came up with disappointments. They have posed me a new, real challenge. Just gotta keep working on them, learning through trial and error, and post screenshots when I find a style that actually looks good. So far everything I've managed to do has looked sub-par or just plain flat.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)