Barbarian platform game

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Orc or Barbarian Buildings for Isometric Games. Includes 8 Buildings.
  • Hi ihvan020 thanks for buying Cluckles, I appreciate the support I did most of the game myself. I made all the artwork and I did the programming (event system). I didn't do the music though, I contracted a guy to make the music for me.

I used C2 to make Cluckles. C3 wasn't released then. And my current Barbarian project is also being built in C2 as it builds on top of my Cluckles project.

• -Added new animations for player character (run, idle, jump, attack).

-Developed hitpoint system.

-Made powerups to restore hitpoints (health) and also to increase lifepoints (ie total number of hp).

Powerups:

red skull: increase hitpoints by 1

heart skull: restore hitpoints back to full (3 in the demo gif)

flaming skull: increase lifepoints (total hp) by 1

• Ive been working on making smashable crates, loot and a currency system.

At first I tried to use the bullet behaviour to create the effect of the loot popping up out of the smashed crate, but I couldnt get that working the way I wanted. The coins would bounce on the platforms, then just fall through.

In the end I added the physics behaviour to the loot (this is my first time experimenting with physics). It achieves the look I wanted, but I'm worried it might impact performance on mobile. There will only ever be 10-20 loot items on screen at once I guess, and they are inactive once they come to rest, so I hope that wont have too much impact? Regardless I'll have to test performance on some mobile devices soon... which means figuring out Phonegap I guess...

• Good job, looking forward to play it

• Thanks Andy. I'm hoping to have it finished by around Nov this year. See how we go.

• Artpunk

Nice one!! is Looking Grate can wait to play on the iPhone I like the nice funny characters haha I see like you don't lose the time well-done mate keep it up, nice to see people like you creating games with c2 gives a lot of motivation to create Games

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey tarek2 thanks! I wanted to have the game out this year before xmas, but im not sure Ill be able to achieve that at the rate Im going!

What are you working on at the moment?

• At first I tried to use the bullet behaviour to create the effect of the loot popping up out of the smashed crate, but I couldnt get that working the way I wanted. The coins would bounce on the platforms, then just fall through.

In the end I added the physics behaviour to the loot (this is my first time experimenting with physics). It achieves the look I wanted, but I'm worried it might impact performance on mobile. There will only ever be 10-20 loot items on screen at once I guess, and they are inactive once they come to rest, so I hope that wont have too much impact? Regardless I'll have to test performance on some mobile devices soon... which means figuring out Phonegap I guess...

I have no idea if it's better than the physics behaviour, but I guess you could also do the same with the platform behaviour

• I usually just use the bullet bahaviour with bounce and then I disable and enable it so it bounces and then lands nicely on the platform. It's a bit overkill to add physics to a game just for adding a simple bounce to some loot. But if you use physics anyway then I guess it doesn't hurt too much

• I usually just use the bullet bahaviour with bounce and then I disable and enable it so it bounces and then lands nicely on the platform. It's a bit overkill to add physics to a game just for adding a simple bounce to some loot. But if you use physics anyway then I guess it doesn't hurt too much

Yes I agree, it does feel like overkill to me too. I had trouble getting the bullet behaviour to work exactly how I wanted, I think I will revisit this sometime in the future.

I have no idea if it's better than the physics behaviour, but I guess you could also do the same with the platform behaviour

Well, having too many instances of the platform behaviour in action would probably impact performance too is the thing.

• Hey tarek2 thanks! I wanted to have the game out this year before xmas, but im not sure Ill be able to achieve that at the rate Im going!

What are you working on at the moment?

Artpunk I just saw your post by luck I didn't get any notification haha

Yeah man, it happens all the time just keep it at it I'm sure you will get there, xmas is the best time though people love to spend on Xmas.

I'm working in a game was inspired by Pacman and Agario some kind of fusion jaja is a very funny history how I choose this Game I was tired of starting projects and leave them after some time, until one day I said enough I'm gonna do a very simple game for mobile so I can start and finish at list one game, so I chose this game as I calculated is gonna take me two to three weeks and is one year past already and I don't see the end yet any near I'm going crazy with this I had so enough of this game that I just wanna put it out there in any state like it is now but I keep going lets see, the main problem now left is the performance is a lot of distance checking between objects very often, and I can't-do much about it as the game needs that, so I'm still looking for tips and solutions for the loops, let's see what happens if I finish this game will be a Miracle I end up choosing the most difficult game that I could find by mistake.

But I did have good things swell, example another main reason I started this game I wanted to get experience with C2 so this game was perfect I learned a lot about picking and many different stuff so has very positive things and I feel like I improved a lot with C2 which is great.

once I see that I have something solid like there is a chance like I can release it I will post some pictures.

Take care

• i love the graphics.... looks very pro.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)