Xbox Controller Feedback/Vibration

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • This would be great. Everyone can make Xbox games with C2/3 now and rumble would be very useful.

• Hello any updates on this? It's 2018 now..

• Hello any updates on this? It's 2018 now..

It's looking very promising this year, a lot of progress has been happening over the recent months. Experimental support is already included in Chrome M65 and only requires a js-flag to be switched. (I've been looking into NW.js support through chromium-args but it's currently bugged.)

If you want to test out controller feedback yourself, please do the following:

• Make sure you have a good controller that's supported and Chrome M65 or newer
    • Go to chrome://flags/#enable-gamepad-extensions (URL) and enable "Gamepad Extensions"
    • Go to this feedback testing project made by Armaldio
    • Press any button on your controller (if recognized it will be displayed on the top-left corner)
    • Fill in the required information and click on "rumble" (e.g. 0 | 1 | 1 | 1000)

We're keeping an eye on feedback support and will surely create another topic with more info and even provide a custom plugin if needed.

• I'm concerned, will C2 not get an update for rumble features since it's already stated Scirra is only bug fixing... I know that there has been focus on NW.js but I'm wondering about support for platforms that are more standardized regarding this feature (say for Xbox or Playstation) . Ashley I"m wondering if there is any possibility of this being added to something like the Xbox Live or Gamepad objects in the future? If not, is there any possibility it will find its way into C3 for consoles?

• I'm concerned, will C2 not get an update for rumble features since it's already stated Scirra is only bug fixing... I know that there has been focus on NW.js but I'm wondering about support for platforms that are more standardized regarding this feature (say for Xbox or Playstation) . Ashley I"m wondering if there is any possibility of this being added to something like the Xbox Live or Gamepad objects in the future? If not, is there any possibility it will find its way into C3 for consoles?

Even if Ashley for some random reason decides to fully be against adding rumble support to the gamepad plugin, the community will come up with a custom "gamepad +" or similar plugin to get everyone covered. (Armaldio is already providing a paid plugin despite the current "experimental" status, it just costs a buck.)

In terms of gamepad rumble support on consoles, Playstation is out of the question since it isn't supported at all and Xbox is as far as I know running "Edge" as the backend browser and there is currently no public support for this feature on Edge.

• > I'm concerned, will C2 not get an update for rumble features since it's already stated Scirra is only bug fixing... I know that there has been focus on NW.js but I'm wondering about support for platforms that are more standardized regarding this feature (say for Xbox or Playstation) . Ashley I"m wondering if there is any possibility of this being added to something like the Xbox Live or Gamepad objects in the future? If not, is there any possibility it will find its way into C3 for consoles?

>

Even if Ashley for some random reason decides to fully be against adding rumble support to the gamepad plugin, the community will come up with a custom "gamepad +" or similar plugin to get everyone covered. (Armaldio is already providing a paid plugin despite the current "experimental" status, it just costs a buck.)

In terms of gamepad rumble support on consoles, Playstation is out of the question since it isn't supported at all and Xbox is as far as I know running "Edge" as the backend browser and there is currently no public support for this feature on Edge.

Oh wow. I'm super surprised by all of this lol. Thank you so much for letting me know! Maybe I'll take a look at that paid plugin and see how it goes for PC.

• AshleyChrome Beta 68 officially supports gamepad vibration without any flags. (Feel free to test it yourself: Link) This means that Chrome Stable 68 will officially support this feature as well.

I would like to request an update to the gamepad plugin with vibration support just like the Xbox plugin in Construct Classic had.

Requested ACE's:

Actions:

• Vibrate gamepad (gamepad index; motor index; strenght; duration; method)
    • Force stop vibration (gamepad index; motor index)

Conditions (Optional):

• Is gamepad vibrating?

Expressions (Optional):

• None

*If this feature is going to be added, I'd be available for private testing. (therealdannyyy@gmail.com)

• armaldio made a controller vibration plugin thats available for $1

armaldio.itch.io/gamepad-rumble

• This is what I get. XBOX controller. works fine with everything else but this app wouldn't detect it.

About to try other controllers...will edit this or reply if others have said something.

drive.google.com/open

• Gamepad Rumble is now live!

Both Chrome Stable M68 and NW.js Stable v0.32.0 fully support gamepad rumble without any additional flags by default. Other browsers will hopefully catch up soon but for the time being, this is more than enough for serious desktop games made with C2/C3.

There are currently no signals from Scirra towards adding official support for this feature but armaldio has made a paid addon which you can test and buy below:

Cheers!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had no idea they shipped it yet. It's not on the release schedule. I was planning on adding official support once it shipped. Are you sure it works with all flags reset to default?

• I had no idea they shipped it yet. It's not on the release schedule. I was planning on adding official support once it shipped. Are you sure it works with all flags reset to default?

Feel free to test it out yourself using the Rumble Testing Project I posted above in Chrome Stable M68 or NW.js Stable v0.32.0. and it should work out of the box. Fill in the required information and click on "rumble" (e.g. 0 | 1 | 1 | 1000)

The Dev behind it added a separate flag just for vibration which is enabled by default. No clue why they didn't add it to the schedule, probably not an important enough feature for them.

• It looks like it might have shipped accidentally. It wasn't a listed release, the tracking issue isn't marked "fixed" yet, and the latest spec differs from what was shipped. I've asked for clarification on the tracking issue. Obviously we'd like to implement this but if it's likely to change in feature to what the spec says, it would be better to wait, otherwise we'll be writing code that is going to be broken in the near future.

• It looks like it might have shipped accidentally. It wasn't a listed release, the tracking issue isn't marked "fixed" yet, and the latest spec differs from what was shipped. I've asked for clarification on the tracking issue. Obviously we'd like to implement this but if it's likely to change in feature to what the spec says, it would be better to wait, otherwise we'll be writing code that is going to be broken in the near future.

As long as we get official support for this in the near feature, I'm personally fine with this approach.

• Thanks for the update! With your test site, would be great if it had some default values, it says "haptic effect done" but I didn't feel anything (I'm using PS4 controller).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)