This is how you use the Webstorage in the new version of c2

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hey...

As some of you may know since Construct 2 r206 Scirra team decided to disable Webstorage by default

and use the new "Localstorage" instead

which not only tricky to use but you have to do double as much events as you would do in Webstorage

and i can't really find any benefits to use Localstorage over Webstorage.

So after some looking around opening files and closing others i finally got it

and guys this is how you enable Webstorage again

OK so first of all you need to locate your installation directory

it's probably in here "C:\Program Files\Construct 2" Please note that yours might be different

then go to "exporters\html5\plugins" and scroll down till you find "webstorage"

open it and you will find 4 files

we will just edit "edittime.js" and just leave the rest alone

once you right click "edittime.js" and selected "Edit" from the menu

you will find this:

I actually forget to save the old file so this is the final result

function GetPluginSettings()
    {
    	return {
    		"name":	"WebStorage",
    		"id": "WebStorage",
    		"version":		"1.0",
    		"description": "Allows you to store data in the browser session and local storage.",
    		"author": "Zack0Wack0/Scirra",
    		"help url": "http://www.scirra.com/manual/120/webstorage",
    		"category": "Data & Storage",
    		"type": "object",
    		"rotatable": false,
    		"flags": pf_singleglobal
    	};
    }

//////////////
    // Conditions
    AddCondition(0,cf_deprecated,"Local storage supported","Local","Local storage supported","Check if local storage is supported by the browser.","LocalStorageEnabled");

AddCondition(1,cf_deprecated,"Session storage supported","Session","Session storage supported","Check if session storage is supported by the browser.","SessionStorageEnabled");

AddStringParam("Key","Enter the name of the key to check.", "\"\"");
    AddCondition(3,0,"Local key exists","Local","Local key {0} exists","Check if a key exists in local storage.","LocalStorageExists");

AddStringParam("Key","Enter the name of the key to check.", "\"\"");
    AddCondition(4,0,"Session key exists","Session","Session key {0} exists","Check if a key exists in session storage.","SessionStorageExists");

AddCondition(5, cf_trigger, "On quota exceeded", "Storage", "On quota exceeded", "Triggered when the browser's limitations on how much data can be stored are exceeded.", "OnQuotaExceeded");

AddStringParam("Key", "Enter the name of the key to retrieve. The value is treated as a string.");
    AddStringParam("Text to compare", "Enter the text to compare the value of the key to.");
    AddComboParamOption("Ignore case");
    AddComboParamOption("Case sensitive");
    AddComboParam("Case sensitivity", "Choose whether capital letters count as different to lowercase.  If ignoring case, \"ABC\" matches \"abc\".", 0);
    AddCondition(6, 0, "Compare key value (as text)", "Local", "Local key {0} is <b>{1}</b> <i>({2})</i>", "Retrieve the value of a key as a string, then compare it to some text.", "CompareKeyText");

AddStringParam("Key", "Enter the name of the key to retrieve. The value is treated as a number.");
    AddCmpParam("Comparison", "Choose how to compare the value of the key.");
    AddNumberParam("Value", "Enter the value to compare to.");
    AddCondition(7, 0, "Compare key value (as number)", "Local", "Local key {0} {1} {2}", "Retrieve the value of a key as a number, then compare it.", "CompareKeyNumber");

//////////////
    // Actions
    AddStringParam("Key","Enter the name of the key to associate the value with.", "\"\"");
    AddAnyTypeParam("Value","Enter the value to store.", "\"\"");
    AddAction(0,0,"Set local value","Local","Set local key {0} to {1}","Store a value in local storage (available in any session).","StoreLocal");

AddStringParam("Key","Enter the name of the key to associate the value with.", "\"\"");
    AddAnyTypeParam("Value","Enter the value to store.", "\"\"");
    AddAction(1,0,"Set session value","Session","Set session key {0} to {1}","Store a value in session storage (only available in the current session).","StoreSession");

AddStringParam("Key","Enter the name of the key to remove.", "\"\"");
    AddAction(2,0,"Remove local value","Local","Remove local key {0}","Remove a key from local storage.","RemoveLocal");

AddStringParam("Key","Enter the name of the key to remove.", "\"\"");
    AddAction(3,0,"Remove session value","Session","Remove session key {0}","Remove a key from session storage.","RemoveSession");

AddAction(4,0,"Clear local storage","Local","Clear local storage","Remove all local keys.","ClearLocal");
    AddAction(5,0,"Clear session storage","Session","Clear session storage","Remove all session keys.","ClearSession");

AddStringParam("JSON", "A string of the JSON data to load.");
    AddComboParamOption("Set");
    AddComboParamOption("Merge");
    AddComboParam("Mode", "'Set' will clear local storage then add items.  'Merge' will add or overwrite items.");
    AddAction(6, 0, "Load JSON", "Local", "{1} local storage from JSON string <i>{0}</i>", "Load data in to local storage from a JSON string.", "JSONLoad");

//////////////
    // Expressions
    AddStringParam("Key", "Key name", "\"\"");
    AddExpression(0,ef_return_string,"Get local value","Local","LocalValue","Get the value from a key in local storage.");

AddStringParam("Key", "Key name", "\"\"");
    AddExpression(1,ef_return_string,"Get session value","Session","SessionValue","Get the value from a key in session storage.");

AddExpression(2,ef_return_number,"Get number of local values","Local","LocalCount","Get the number of keys in local storage.");
    AddExpression(3,ef_return_number,"Get number of session values","Session","SessionCount","Get the number of keys in session storage.");

AddNumberParam("Index", "Index", "0");
    AddExpression(4,ef_return_string,"Get Nth local value", "Local", "LocalAt", "Get the value stored in the Nth local key.");

AddExpression(5,ef_return_string,"Get Nth session value", "Session", "SessionAt", "Get the value stored in the Nth session key.");

AddExpression(6,ef_return_string,"Get Nth local key name", "Local", "LocalKeyAt", "Get the Nth local key's name.");

AddExpression(7,ef_return_string,"Get Nth session key name", "Session", "SessionKeyAt", "Get the Nth session key's name.");

AddExpression(8, ef_return_string, "Get as JSON", "Local", "AsJSON", "Return the contents of all local storage in JSON format.");

ACESDone();

var property_list = [
    ];

function CreateIDEObjectType()
    {
    	return new IDEObjectType();
    }

function IDEObjectType()
    {
    	assert2(this instanceof arguments.callee,"Constructor called as a function");
    }

IDEObjectType.prototype.CreateInstance = function(instance)
    {
    	return new IDEInstance(instance, this);
    }

function IDEInstance(instance, type)
    {
    	assert2(this instanceof arguments.callee,"Constructor called as a function");

this.instance = instance;
    	this.type = type;

this.properties = {};

for(property in property_list)
    		this.properties[property.name] = property.initial_value;
    }

IDEInstance.prototype.OnCreate = function()
    {
    }

IDEInstance.prototype.OnPropertyChanged = function(property_name)
    {
    }

IDEInstance.prototype.Draw = function(renderer)
    {
    }

IDEInstance.prototype.OnRendererReleased = function()
    {
    }[/code:1ep9byyq]

so you will find [code:1ep9byyq]"flags": pf_singleglobal[/code:1ep9byyq]

is a bit different

so what ever is after flags just replace it with [code:1ep9byyq]pf_singleglobal[/code:1ep9byyq]
    so final result should be exactly the same as above or as this in here

[code:1ep9byyq]"flags": pf_singleglobal[/code:1ep9byyq]

[i][b]and just leave everything alone don't change anything else[/b][/i]

and just save the file and that's it

please note that if you have any problem saving the file just save anywhere else on your Desktop for example
    and then replace the original file with the new one you have just created.

and another thing is English is not my Native language
    so don't blame me if you saw something weird

that's it for today if you guys have any questions feel free to leave them down below
    and good bye.
  • Or you could just use LocalStorage instead of a deprecated feature.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you want to use webstorage instead of localstorage, you can just use "show deprecated plugins" (left click on "insert new object" box)...

• Well then i didn't know about that

thank you for this tip MadSpy and mindfaQ that makes it a lot easier

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)