Twitch.tv Chat integration & Viewer list example.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Chat with smart animals using the OpenAi Chat GPT 3 API
  • Hey, are you planning to release the .capx soon?

Would be REALLY useful, thanks alot!

• Updated starting post with example project, keep in mind the chat message parsing regex is not perfect, ':' character cuts the sentence. Feel free to expand and improve

• thanks for sharing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow, this is looking goooood! Keep up the awesome work, this is exactly what c2 needs, twitch integration is the future http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... to-success

• Why did you delete all of your posts? Lol. You removed any teaching value for people new to this topic, lol.

• Why did you delete all of your posts? Lol. You removed any teaching value for people new to this topic, lol.

Because the answers had nothing to do with the problem, the problem was connecting to an irc server which was different to one twitch documented. The problem was nothing you suggested, thus they could mislead someone looking at the sources thinking the logic was flawed.

What goes for teaching value I was planning on doing a proper tutorial on the matter instead of just providing a template which you can build on.

• Thank you very much for this

• Thanks for figuring this out.

I've wanted to try making a twitch game and now I can, so that's cool

• Hey, I finally got the WebSockets to connect, which was great.. But the problem now is it keeps disconnecting.

I tried with the sample you posted also, but that disconnects too. It's not a PING issue, because I have a timer for that already. It disconnects instantly after connecting. It's as if it's firing the event and just giving up afterwards.

Any help is greatly appreciated

• Hey, I finally got the WebSockets to connect, which was great.. But the problem now is it keeps disconnecting.

I tried with the sample you posted also, but that disconnects too. It's not a PING issue, because I have a timer for that already. It disconnects instantly after connecting. It's as if it's firing the event and just giving up afterwards.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Seems to work for me. If you are running it locally then try changing the ip to

ws://irc-ws.chat.twitch.tv:80[/code:p9t59ucl]
    Since the WSIP variable is set to run from https as default.
  • > Hey, I finally got the WebSockets to connect, which was great.. But the problem now is it keeps disconnecting.

> I tried with the sample you posted also, but that disconnects too. It's not a PING issue, because I have a timer for that already. It disconnects instantly after connecting. It's as if it's firing the event and just giving up afterwards.

>

> Any help is greatly appreciated

>

Seems to work for me. If you are running it locally then try changing the ip to

ws://irc-ws.chat.twitch.tv:80[/code:3bultwzo]
    Since the WSIP variable is set to run from https as default.

Yeah, I'm using the same IP and it still doesn't work unfortunately. I'll attach an image of my event sheet - which seems okay (considering the example game also did the same).

• I'd love to see more info and an updated capx on this topic

• Any new capx? or at least a link that works

• capx 404`d!

• howdy mate , can you fix the link to the example CapX? its 404'ed

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)