TicTacToe: Effeciency Tips

0 favourites
  • The index is like that of an array 0/1/2/3 etc assuming your separator is /, it could also be just blank "", which would give you the letter at a number, you can even make a nested array using different separators, its very useful, also, if you want to convert the text to number, you can either do int() or float()

• The index is like that of an array 0/1/2/3 etc assuming your separator is /, it could also be just blank "", which would give you the letter at a number, you can even make a nested array using different separators, its very useful, also, if you want to convert the text to number, you can either do int() or float()

Ah, nested array. So you could do something like

"Give me the item!"

(I will never give it to you,Here you go/I don't have the item,I will come back with the item/What item?,Screw you I don't care)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • More like multiple dialogs such as "Give me the item/Hello, who are you?/What was that explosion?" For NPC Dialogs and "Yes#No#What Item?/Harry the wizard#It's a secret#MrRodgers/An explosion#What?#Tnt"

Where to get the NPC dialogs and all responses you use index X and separator /; but if you wanted a response, you'd have to use index Y and separator # over the responses you just got.

Edit: The cool thing is that you are not blocked by the array being rectangular for example you could have the first dialog have 2 responses and the second 52 and it would be ok, whereas in a 2d array you'd have one of the columns with 50 free spaces or if you had a 1D you'd have to save the index or go thru the array to find the token to be able to access second dialog (which tokenat already does for you)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)