Sprite Movement Issues

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Run and Jump in 3 Dimensions! Take your platformer to the next level!
  • Thanks. I checked out your version and it works excellent except for the continued looping animation (which I tried to handle using Wait, didn't work out so well).

Do you know how to make the animation stop once movement has stopped?

• The issue I have is sometimes the walk-left animation is playing (likely due to a previous "walk left" command) when the character is moving right.

That's the issue it resolves. I never said any solution about smooth animations, only to properly determine animations via input.

Basically what it does is specifically limits the sprite from doing the walk-left animation because walk-left is only valid if MIRRORED or BOOLEAN "left" is set to true.

Edit: realised you're using 8dir, my bad.

• Thanks. I checked out your version and it works excellent except for the continued looping animation (which I tried to handle using Wait, didn't work out so well).

Do you know how to make the animation stop once movement has stopped?You can loop animations on the properties bar on the left in the animation editor. Just set LOOPING

For platformer, you can do On Platform Stop or invert Is Moving

For 8dir, you can compare speed, or invert Is Moving

• SpriteIssues_8dir-stop

Note: the Right animation is out of sequence. You'll need to shuffle.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you very much! My issues are resolved. I'm still new to Construct 2 and learning how to do things the 'easier' way :D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)