How do I spawn bullet wall objects without gaps at a varying speed?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Wall Pin Board is a hyper causal game developed for fun and inspired by YouTube video whose link is given in description
  • Hello,

I the attached example, I have a slider bar with a range of 0 to 3000.

I have an object called spawner. If spawner is not overlapping an object called wall, it spawns one. Each wall is a bullet travelling on the screen at the speed set by my slider, so when I move the slider, all wall speeds are changed to match it. The wall object is set as semi-transparant so the overlaps can be seen more clearly.

I want the walls to spawn so there are no gaps, no matter what I set the speed to. small overlaps are not an issue.

The problem is, as I increase the speed, the spawner seems to not be able to keep up, and I have increasing gaps between walls.

I have seen similar questions asked, however I've not seen a solution that works with this yet. Any help would be appreciated.

The event sheet is as follows:

Example project: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avy7YzN_HRXtgwY0jAiJKS_XOBbB?e=QhVz4D

Regards,

Al

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, at speed 550 or more, each wall travels 9px or more on every tick. The spawner spawns walls also on every tick, but they are only 8px high, that's why you get gaps.

You either need to increase wall height with speed, or spawn more than one wall on every tick.

• Apologies for the late response, I've been a bit preoccupied over the last few months.

Thanks for the reply Dop2000. Good ideas here. I'll have a go and see what works for me.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)