Does it slowdown performance?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Nevermind it.

Im doing with layers.

Is the 'bounce off' of the bullet behavior act like this, placed 2 regions, and the bullet is between those. It's bouncing like a ping pong, but it's not straight. After some bounces the bullet angle is incrementing.. weird or just the Bounce Off actual behavior?

• Its bouncing of a object that's not at a exact 90 degree angle, Or the bounding box of the object is not straight.

You can try fix the angle, or collision box.

Or you can add two waypoints, On on the left, one on the right.

System on start of layout:

-> Object.setAngleOfMotion(Waypoint1)

Object.OnCollisionWith(Waypoint1)

-> Object.setAngleOfMotion(Waypoint2)

Object.OnCollisionWith(Waypoint2)

-> Object.setAngleOfMotion(Waypoint1)

If you cannot figure it out with bouncing, then that solution should be a quick fix.

If its for your spinny saws kinda things. I recommend the sine behavior.

- It looks allot nicer, as it smooths the stop and accelerates to the next position.

- its controllable, Speed, distance to make the wave ect.

• I Will try this later.. I'm like 24 hours on this haha.

But I'm afraid that I won't like this Sine Movement. I want a constant speed,just like the bullet.

I gonna test my game and rest a little haha

goo.gl/Rq13L

• SplashHunt

About the "OMG I bought c2 for nothing" I don't think you wasted your money unless game creation was just a temporary interest. Well... I'm biaised 'cause I use C2 all the time, but well at least you bought it for 32$... It will go up soon

Also yeah next time you do something crazy like mass layer or something like that. Go check the manual/tuts and if you find nothing, ask... 'cause you know, in programming being lazy is a quality.

• Invisible objects have a very small performance impact. Usually it's ignorable and you won't see any difference in FPS if you destroy invisible objects or not. However if you have *loads* of invisible objects - 99 complete levels worth of objects is loads! - this could cause a severe slowdown. It might be what's causing Firefox to choke. I would highly recommend you break everything out in to layouts, that's what they're for.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • SplashHunt

About the "OMG I bought c2 for nothing" I don't think you wasted your money unless game creation was just a temporary interest. Well... I'm biaised 'cause I use C2 all the time, but well at least you bought it for 32$... It will go up soon

Also yeah next time you do something crazy like mass layer or something like that. Go check the manual/tuts and if you find nothing, ask... 'cause you know, in programming being lazy is a quality.

Well, I Don't know if I'm going to use this often, or just use it for this game :(

If HTML5 get bigger, more supported and faster, then it won't be a waste of money. And this is a web app,so its harder to sell or make popular among iOS and Android.

Invisible objects have a very small performance impact. Usually it's ignorable and you won't see any difference in FPS if you destroy invisible objects or not. However if you have *loads* of invisible objects - 99 complete levels worth of objects is loads! - this could cause a severe slowdown. It might be what's causing Firefox to choke. I would highly recommend you break everything out in to layouts, that's what they're for.

For now I'm with 10 layers.

Now Gonna test some audio.

• Audio does not really work so well on IOS, There is a way to get it working but its not so convenient.

You have to call the audio through javascript.

• GingerBatMan speaks about this audio fix for iOS.

• With or Without audio. This is really bad performance.

I did a search and found a way to show FPS.

Every Tick -> GlobalFPS +1

Every 1Sec -> Show GlobalFPS and Set GlobalFPS to 0.

On PC, I got something around 60~70. Fine and Smooth.

iPhone , when there is just a plain background 40 FPS.

Moving the ball it drops to 10~15 FPS.

As the ball was creating an trail object always, I removed that to see if it was causing the drop. But it got only increment of 1~3 FPS. Getting final 15~18 FPS when moving ball.

I am running iOS 5 , but this performance is not good.

Resolution is 640x960.1 Tiled Background covering the screen + 5 Sprites + 1 Ball Sprite (Moving to the finger position every time). And I get this 15~18FPS. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.. If this is how it works, then Construct 2 isn't a good option for iPhone or Android development.

On the other hand it works very well over standard PC browsers.

Maybe I focus this for facebook apps, don't know.

• Mobile phones' browsers/OS have poor performances on gaming HTML5 atm.

They don't support very well the HTML5, don't support at all webGL, etc...

And the best performances comes from iOS5 as ICS "is a major step forward for the Android Browser, but still falls short of iOS 5".

So if you're looking to only developp for iOS, yes, HTML5 is NOT YET (as hopefully performances will improve on mobiles) the better solution.

But you know, it is a bit the same on desktop. Mozilla appears to be willing to propose its browser with more gaming options.

So in conclusion, I'd say even if you don't use it for now, a time will come when mobile phones' browsers will nicely handle HTML5 and allow you to use Construct 2 for it.

By then, C2 will have evolved and the performances too, making it even more relevant than it is today. The good thing is that you'll have had it at the early-adopter discount price.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)