Seamless Transition Between Audio Files

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
25 Homemade seamless jazzy seamless backgrounds for 2d scrolling or platform games
  • > but right before you fade a track in, sync it to what is currently playing. Then it will fade in correctly and you have no reason that de-syncing would even be audible.

>

>

this gets tricky if you use "stems" though.. I think you mentioned you were using full mixes. I'm talking about making 1 piece of music 2 minutes long and I break it out into 4 tracks that need to be played simultaneously. So "virtual remixing" basically.. Once you have more than 1 track playing you can't re-seek those without causing audio junk that you will hear.

I just assumed this was beyond the scope of what C2 can handle. It would be tricky enough to code it without these sync issues.. with sync issues it's not really worth the effort unless your game is dependent on the music.

I just always assumed timing would be an issue from the start because of cpu variance, so I opted from the beginning to just have multiple versions of loopable tracks instead of relying on mixing in-engine. It isn't an issue for adaptive pieces that procedurally choose the next measure to play, but for crossfades I opted to not even worry about syncing issues and instead just mix the versions I wanted ahead of time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just always assumed timing would be an issue from the start because of cpu variance, so I opted from the beginning to just have multiple versions of loopable tracks instead of relying on mixing in-engine.

it's actually not hard to do at all... the capability is there. it would most likely be a minor change to have the audio sync. I just don't think the devs working on Chromium quite understand why it's important. In fact, I don't think many people period understand why it's important.

A composer and create a 2 minute track, export it out into 4 parts. In-game you can dynamically change the mix and can create an adaptive audio system that reacts to game triggers OR flat-out create a random re-mix making your 2 minute track sound "not looped" as in: it changes enough times it sounds like a track 10-15 mins long.

EDIT: separate the drums and a the synth pad... mute the drums when you are in a dark alley, when a monster jumps out and starts chasing you, fade in the drums... viola.. epicness ensues...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)