Scallable walls possible using Canvas???

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • I'm trying to make some scalable solid walls for some sprites to interact with.

At first I went the brute force method of using lines and image points (which I struggled to complete) but it occurred to me that Canvas might be a possible solution to my problem though I've never used the plugin before so I don't know where to begin.

CAPX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3m6b8lywwzvcb ... .capx?dl=0

All details below:

• If you're happy with a solid outline you could use the outline effect.

For a dashed line you'd need to calculate the outline from the intersection of the shapes. The canvas plugin gives a way to draw it after you calculate it, or you could use a tiled background for each edge.

It's not super trivial to calculate but a lot of solutions can be found online that can be adapted over.

• If you're happy with a solid outline you could use the outline effect.

For a dashed line you'd need to calculate the outline from the intersection of the shapes. The canvas plugin gives a way to draw it after you calculate it, or you could use a tiled background for each edge.

It's not super trivial to calculate but a lot of solutions can be found online that can be adapted over.

What is this outline effect? Is this a separate effect altogether or is it an action found in Canvas?

Sorry but I have no experience using this plugin yet so I don't know where to begin

• It's the fx:

It's used apart from the canvas plugin.

The only useful action in the canvas plugin would be the "paste object" action. You could use it to stamp the sprites onto the canvas. You could then give the fx to the canvas. The paster plugin could be used instead, it's a bit different but solves some performance issues canvas had.

Another option is to just have the sprites on a layer and have the layer have the fx.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's the fx:

It's used apart from the canvas plugin.

Alright. Thanks. Sorry for the late reply btw. Just saw this today.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)