How do I scale something based on angle?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Advanced inventory mechanics for your RPG game (Array-based). Take Items, split them, pick up them, read the description
  • Here's a the idea I mentioned previously.

Although I still lack the maths to get the edges at the correct angle... >_>

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fswym37e307i2 ... .capx?dl=0

Nice example. That's pretty neat. I managed to make a kind of workaround by having an animated sprite. The sprite has 50 frames and changes the frames based on rotation, but the position is placed in a elliptical orbit around the player.

Turned out like this.

• That looks fantastic. Simple solution is best.

• Ashley Is there any possibility that these kind of transforms will be available in any future update of C2, on regular objects such as sprites, Spritefonts and even Layers, etc? It would be a great addition and very useful.

Those are 3D transforms, which amounts to making a 3D engine, so probably not.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Ashley Is there any possibility that these kind of transforms will be available in any future update of C2, on regular objects such as sprites, Spritefonts and even Layers, etc? It would be a great addition and very useful.

>

Those are 3D transforms, which amounts to making a 3D engine, so probably not.

Understood. How about independent X&Y scale for layers so you can get a similar effect?

• That's not the same effect since there's no perspective. IIRC this came up before but it adds some pretty difficult complications to the engine when it has to work with other features like rotation and parallax, so I'd rather not add that.

• Ashley what i mean is something like this.

That would give the same kind of effect. Rotate a sprite 45 degrees, inside some kind of container or div (html) then scale the whole div in Y an you get this effect. There's a lot of nice 3D/isometric effects you can do if you can scale something on a higher level as well, not only local.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)