How save the score for whole game?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
You must shoot down the enemy planes and eliminate them to earn points.
  • Hi there! I search through the forum, but didn't find what I need to. So, right now I'm working on my new game and I have there a "Dead score" - value of how many times you died on one layout. Just like in Dead Rising-games: number of killed zomibes, I have of how many times you have died. I got this stuff, but it's don't work on all layouts in the game, only on one at the time.

I need to make that the score will keep collecting number (every time player are dead it's +1 to score), when player is making through the game (coming from one layout to next). Give me some variables or expressions to make that thing work. I guess you'll understand what I mean.

• Try global variable?

Are you using local variable for the score?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm using global one, but where I need to put events so that system will work?

• I'm using global one, but where I need to put events so that system will work?

Global variable should be accessible by any eventsheet(ES), your option is either to have a global ES and include it in all level ES or just update you global variable in each level ES. I recommend using global ES so that you won't have to repeat your event for each level.

• or just update you global variable in each level ES. I recommend using global ES so that you won't have to repeat your event for each level.

ow to do that? For example: on first layout player died 5 times, so I need to to have that 5 on start of next layout. What do I need to write in ES?

• How to do that? For example: on first layout player died 5 times, so I need to to have that 5 on start of next layout. What do I need to write in ES?

Global variable: Death=0

Condition: player died

Action: add 1 to Death

This is a very basic question, I suggest go through tutorial as their explanation is much better and complete.

• create global variable. (content number = 5 )

example in ES : if colission with enemy then substract global variable 1 (so 5 times will game over)

if score change substract to add (number value)

imho

mochiz

• Okay, this is obvious, I already did that before made a topic.

When I'm going to the next layout the score isn't the same...

Wow, I'm an idiot. I put "set to 0" on every layout, so score is changing on 0 every time. Really disappointed in myself.

Thanks for answers and sorry for wasted time -_-

Please delete this topic, admin or some one else.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)