Releasing a game.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • I know these questions are asked a lot, and I've read through various posts on the subject, but I'm still unclear on certain issues. My game is close to complete so I'm wondering what's the best way forward.

I'm pleased with the way the game has turned out but I need some opinions and testers to polish it off. It plays very badly on weaker PC's, but I'm not sure if that's a major issue and if I need to spend time optimising (I've done plenty anyway).

It's designed to play in full-screen and isn't very playable on smaller screens. I'm not sure if this is a major problem that I should fix. It's fine on anything about 1200 resolution or so.

Is it 'safe' to put a game up on Scirra and Kongregate for people to take a look at? Is there any danger of the code being stolen and just re-released by somebody else, or is it safe in that regard?

What's the simplest way to add in-game advertising? I haven't yet seen any simple sites which add in-game ads to HTML5 games.

I think perhaps the best bet might be to put it up on Scirra (if it's safe there) and maybe Kongregate and see what people think, then maybe go from there?

Sorry, lots of questions for one post.

• I wonder the same things.. especially about copyright.. anyone?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • MarketJS looks like a good start, but I still have quite a few questions. And there seem to be lots of people asking these questions, so it would be good if we could get some clearer answers. I'm going to see if I can contact someone at MarketJS to clear a few things up.

End of the day, I'm a developer, not a marketer. I have neither the skills nor the confidence to market my game and it would be good if a publisher took care of most of it. Having said that, I'd like in-game ads too and I don't know where to start with those.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)