How to reduce the black screen time before the loading layout? (mobile)

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • After testing the same code (above) exported with C2 and then with C3 on the same mobile device, I've got the following results:

C2: 20 seconds black screen before the default loading screen appears

C3: less than 1 second...

Well, first of all congrats to the Scirra team for solving the problem in C3!

In the meantime, I'm kind of stuck with C2 on this project and that's a real problem. Is there any way to replace the black screen at least with a cool still image form the game?

Is it possible to do this outside of Construct 2, by manipulating the exported code?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It looks like it's just taking ages to initialise the engine because there are so many events. I think your best bet is to write a snippet of JavaScript that can float a loading image over the canvas until the game reaches 'On start of layout'.

• Thanks a lot for your reply. It's an excellent news that this is possible to do!

But I never wrote a single Javascript line in my life... ^^' Can someone help me to make that? If it implies some work on your side, send me a PM or an email to rablogamesnie@gmail.com with your price.

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)