particles

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • jamiek

For future reference - there is no need to report yourself to delete your own double post.

You are allowed to delete your own post using the 'X'.

I don't see it lol sorry

• > Yeah I don't think they pin (unless you change particle settings to something I'm unaware of). What you're seeing is probably the particles in their original position not moving, right? If you use the info I provided above, the particles will follow the player. As for the health bar, this sounds like a separate issue.

>

fixed the health again until I add something else lol. its appearing properly but just wont pin. I have the particle outside the layout

• >

> > Yeah I don't think they pin (unless you change particle settings to something I'm unaware of). What you're seeing is probably the particles in their original position not moving, right? If you use the info I provided above, the particles will follow the player. As for the health bar, this sounds like a separate issue.

> >

>

> fixed the health again until I add something else lol. its appearing properly but just wont pin. I have the particle outside the layout

>

wow thanks

the way you build the events in construct is confusing sometimes.

I had that but was connected to my on start of layout. all ive got there preloading music and play a track.

just need to set a trigger so it doesn't constantly activate from the beginning.

and the health bar is still working. thanks again

• One shot means it will play the particle anim once then you won't see anything after that.

Is there another issue you are having here besides the ability to pin to player position? (note: the info above will do this).

I'm always looking for people to help I have someone working on sounds right now probably. I need the 500 rep before I can pm you.

but I really appreciate the help

• No problem

Yes, usually you only use 'On Start Of Layout' to trigger something once or set values at the start of the game. i.e. things you want to happen on first load.

If you had particles to move to player position on start of layout this would only trigger once. Every tick will run the scenario constantly, you can also use every X seconds.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No problem

Yes, usually you only use 'On Start Of Layout' to trigger something once or set values at the start of the game. i.e. things you want to happen on first load.

If you had particles to move to player position on start of layout this would only trigger once. Every tick will run the scenario constantly, you can also use every X seconds.

I think ive pretty much nailed it. what you were trying to tell me. looking forward to finishing this project.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)