I need a lot of help for my new game

From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • dop2000 , thanks a lot! Is there a thread about help items and status effects application?

also I had posted a thank you message but why does every post need to be reviewed for such a long time? So to quote: big thanks! You were such a big help and it means so much to me and my game ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Okay, I'm getting stuck again..

Capx: drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O1-c_SMsZXNbjJcFNA50lM7tVr_itL4U

General enemy AI โœ“

Missing things: 1. Since enemy spawn is randomized, running into an enemy out of nowhere would surely be unpleasant. I had this idea of making an animation that starts with the sperm cells initially popping out of the depths from a shadow (that can't harm the player, but after a brief moment the sperm cells are able to hurt the player), unfortunately I can't figure out the event coding.

Score bar โœ“ (I called it Experience)

Dash mechanics โœ“

Missing things: 1. How do I make the dash unavailable for a determined number of seconds after being used (trigger = hold right click)

2. Possibly a dash bar to show the cooldown?

Help items X

Missing things:

1. I don't know how to implement the items in such a way that it spawns precisely on top of the concrete pool flooring.

2. Since the player can't pass through the solid borders, I was thinking of getting the items by facing the items directly and clicking Left click. To utilize the items, press Left click again.

Items are in the form of health recovery and temporary shield (that can be destroyed by enemy collision).

Phew, that's a lot. If you do decide to pay attention to this very long post, I can only give you my thanks (or a donation? I can buy you a cup of coffee). There's no rush to complete this project so you don't need to answer everything at once. Once more, thank you very much!

Edit: I bought you coffee, thanks :))

• 1. How do I make the dash unavailable for a determined number of seconds

Use Timer behavior. Before starting the dash, check that timer "cooldown" is NOT running. When starting the dash, start timer "cooldown".

2. Player.Timer.CurrentTime("cooldown") will give you the elapsed timer time.

So, for example, if cooldown time is 3 seconds, you can decrease the dash bar from 200px to zero like this:

Bar Set width to ((3-Player.Timer.CurrentTime("cooldown"))/3)*200

1. I don't know how to implement the items in such a way that it spawns precisely on top of the concrete pool flooring.

The easiest way is to add invisible "Spawner" sprites where you want your items to be created. Then pick a random Spawner and spawn an item.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Use Timer behavior. Before starting the dash, check that timer "cooldown" is NOT running. When starting the dash, start timer "cooldown".

2. Player.Timer.CurrentTime("cooldown") will give you the elapsed timer time.

I have tried this but it didn't work.. or maybe the coding was off?

I have posted the screenshot inside the drive link.

> 1. I don't know how to implement the items in such a way that it spawns precisely on top of the concrete pool flooring.

The easiest way is to add invisible "Spawner" sprites where you want your items to be created. Then pick a random Spawner and spawn an item.

This is done! Just need a mechanic where if the player faces the items (does this require the LOS behavior?), and clicks the A button, item gets picked.

Edit: above mechanic is done! Since I have more than 1 help item, how do i avoid making them spawn on the same spot (overlap)?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)