Need help pausing audio in Mozilla Firefox

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I am making an interactive animation using Construct 2. I was able to figure out how to actually pause the audio. I had to import all of my audio in the "Music" directory first. Then, I set up a "Stop button" and "Play button" group that have the following actions.

Stop button

• Set "" playback rate to 0
    • Set time scale to 0

Play button

• Set "" playback to 1.0
    • Set time scale to 1.0

This set up works when I run this in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. However, when I try to run it in Mozilla Firefox and I press the "Stop" button, the audio will keep playing (but the animation itself will stop). I tried to import the audio into the "Sound" directory and using them instead, but that didn't work. Anyone have an idea as to how I can fix this?

• Firefox might not support the audio object sufficiently yet. Can hope for an update in the future.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry, also some suggestions -

Put a disclaimer/splash screen that your game runs best (or requires) Chrome.

Provide your game downloadable as a desktop app via node-webkit if you have paid version of construct

• Sorry, also some suggestions -

Put a disclaimer/splash screen that your game runs best (or requires) Chrome.

Provide your game downloadable as a desktop app via node-webkit if you have paid version of construct

This animation is for a senior project. I can say that it runs best in Chrome, but it needs to be able to work correctly in Chrome, Explorer, and Firefox. Also, the animation has to be hosted on a website. It cannot be something that only works correctly when downloaded. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

• Bump

• This may not actually be possible in firefox using HTML5, period. I see the workaround that you tried to use, but I have a feeling that it would give you problems.

• This may not actually be possible in firefox using HTML5, period. I see the workaround that you tried to use, but I have a feeling that it would give you problems.

Do you happen to know why it would not be possible?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)