How to move player with local input prediction on.

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hi all,

I've been trying to get my head around this for days but I can't seem to find a way to make it happen as you cannot disable local input prediction once it's on.

Basically in my game you join the game in a lobby. When the game starts the players spawn at spawn points. Although with local input prediction on the local player tried to match up with the server and it ends up dragging the player across the screen to the spawn point.

Which means the player gets stuck on solid objects and breaks their ability to move their character.

I've tried to destroy the character rather then move it (quite a headache to implement now) but still does the same affect.

I've tried to send a message to the peer to set the player position but still doesn't work.

Is their a way to disable the local input prediction once enabled or a sure fire way I can move the player from one location to another for both host and peer?

Has anyone got any ideas, experienced this or know of a way around this. Surely I'm not the first person to try making spawn points with local input prediction on?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)