How do I invoke web page call outside NW.js?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Voice call plugin based on webrtc protocol for construct 3
  • Hi!

So i'm exporting my project via NW.js to an *.exe state. And in every game mode i want to make a button which will open a browser page of youtube with a tutorial for that mode. But, when i do this call via Browser plugin it opens inside this nw.js's "standalone broswer", and i get this:

How can i do it properly? Or instead, how can i invoke page of, let's say, dafult user's browser to display the vid correctly?

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • are the videos currently private? or are they set public/or accessible who has link?

also make sure u give the proper access to internet to the .exe app u making.

from the youtube error it seems you either don't have access to the video as would require login in the youtube account, or the video is not there.

• are the videos currently private? or are they set public/or accessible who has link?

also make sure u give the proper access to internet to the .exe app u making.

from the youtube error it seems you either don't have access to the video as would require login in the youtube account, or the video is not there.

Nah, that vid is plain public. I mean when i do "open url" call from my app in Chrome ()or any web preview - it works just fine (probably should have mention that). The error occurs only in NW.js runs.

make sure u give the proper access to internet to the .exe — is there a special settings to provide to NW considering the internet access? For example i do ajax calls to save statistics to the server via https and it works just fine...

• Nah, that vid is plain public. I mean when i do "open url" call from my app in Chrome ()or any web preview - it works just fine (probably should have mention that). The error occurs only in NW.js runs.

make sure u give the proper access to internet to the .exe — is there a special settings to provide to NW considering the internet access? For example i do ajax calls to save statistics to the server via https and it works just fine...

i just searched a youtube permission for nw.js as youtube is still running on flash, and nw.js being desktop acts like its own browser and the chrome or what browser is using by default nw.js doesn't cache your permission preferences, and they never ask you to enable flash or give access to media and stuff.

similar to your problem is this nw.js youtube

then there is this im not sure how this might help you but might be a nw.js problem from what the guy is saying nw.js incompatible chrome required .dll

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)