I'll try to put this as simply - I am having some issues with Pathfinding, namely, the Complete Regeneration of the Pathfinding map.
My game - the facts:
- I have a game with TWO maps, each one is an individual Layout.
- Both maps are constructed using various "Solid" objects to form a Maze.
- Map ONE and map TWO have different mazes.
- All pathfinding is done by DEFAULT to only use SOLID objects as a barriers.
Here is the sequence of events with the issue in BOLD:
- Main Menu - Click "Map 1"
- On Start of Layout -> Regenerate pathfinding map
- All objects can pathfind around using the expected behaviour, not colliding with any of the solid objects or overlapping them.
- End of "Map 1" -> Go to Layout "Map 2"
- On Start of Layout -> Regenerate entire pathfinding map.
- Objects now proceed to use the pathfinding map from "Map 1"!!! I.e. walking through all the solid objects as if nothing had changed.
How can I fix this issue?