Help with CordovaGame and CordovaiAP

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • If you're using Cocoon you have options. As far as I understand Cranberry's Cordova plugins will work with Cocoon, but they also have their own plugins for all the essential stuff (GooglePlay, iAP, Ads). So you choose which plugins you want to use. I was testing out Cocoon a while back and I had it working well with the following plugins:

-Cranberry Chartboost plugin for ads

-Cranberry GoogleAnalytics plugin (has since stopped working, needs to be updated by Cranberry)

-Cocoon's Google Play plugin to do achievements.

At that time I wasn't testing iAPs so I can't comment on that.

oh no i meant what does it show for you in the installed section of the plugins page for cocoon

heres what i mean. I get the git url automatically for iap if i keep the config file from exporting from construct 2

• ...So I switched to using the Cranberrygame CordovaiAP plugin. I have that working for Android, but I haven't yet succeeded in getting it to work for iOS.

I'll be working on this exact problem today. I *think* other people have the CordovaiAP working on iOS, but im currently looking into it.

So I have CordovaiAP working on iOS. Now im having trouble connecting to GameCenter for achievements.

I think I can say categorically that the official GameCenter plugin doesnt work. It wont authenticate the user.

Im using it exactly as it says in the manual:

On start of layout > authenticate user

Doesn't authenticate, so im switching to Cranberry's CordovaGame... see if that works.

• oh no i meant what does it show for you in the installed section of the plugins page for cocoon

heres what i mean. I get the git url automatically for iap if i keep the config file from exporting from construct 2

Well if you want to use Cranberry's Cordova iAP then you'll need to link to the associated git url. But if you use the Cocoon iAP plugin, youll want to remove any reference to Cranberry's. Many of the plugins in the screencap Cocoon just ads by default, you need them.

• >

> ...So I switched to using the Cranberrygame CordovaiAP plugin. I have that working for Android, but I haven't yet succeeded in getting it to work for iOS.

> I'll be working on this exact problem today. I *think* other people have the CordovaiAP working on iOS, but im currently looking into it.

>

So I have CordovaiAP working on iOS. Now im having trouble connecting to GameCenter for achievements.

I think I can say categorically that the official GameCenter plugin doesnt work. It wont authenticate the user.

Im using it exactly as it says in the manual:

On start of layout > authenticate user

Doesn't authenticate, so im switching to Cranberry's CordovaGame... see if that works.

authenticate should be working i usually activate it at start of layout on titlepage but i tested this on intel xdk not cocoon.io so may not work on cocoon.io.

How did you get iap to work on ios? my iap is still not working on android wondering if i messed up the installed plugins page by using c2's exported config file

• cocoon.io googleplay and gamecentre plugins works if you login user on start of layout in your titlescreen before submitting any scores/achievements

• authenticate should be working i usually activate it at start of layout on titlepage but i tested this on intel xdk not cocoon.io...

Wait, you are using the official GameCenter plugin (Not Cranberry's) and it works for you? I am also using XDK not Cocoon.

Im doing exactly that, I authenticate at start of title screen but it doesnt work. The player doesn't get logged in.

Can I ask about your setup in iTunesConnect? You're testing this using the beta testing right? TestFlight > External Testing? Or are you using 'Internal Testing'?

Do you have a user account added to User's and Roles > Sandbox Testers. Do you use that account to test the GameCenter functionaility or is that unnecessary?

• > authenticate should be working i usually activate it at start of layout on titlepage but i tested this on intel xdk not cocoon.io...

>

Wait, you are using the official GameCenter plugin (Not Cranberry's) and it works for you? I am also using XDK not Cocoon.

Im doing exactly that, I authenticate at start of title screen but it doesnt work. The player doesn't get logged in.

Can I ask about your setup in iTunesConnect? You're testing this using the beta testing right? TestFlight > External Testing? Or are you using 'Internal Testing'?

Do you have a user account added to User's and Roles > Sandbox Testers. Do you use that account to test the GameCenter functionaility or is that unnecessary?

Yea im using the official gamecenter plugin in intel xdk latest version. Im using testflight > external testing i then submit it to apple for review which takes about a day for them to review the test flight version. Your current version will say "under review". You will then get an email that its ready for test flight then you add the build to test and you add your external testers ("their emails") to the list as shown below. (had to delete emails and info)

• I forgot to mention to make sure you have your scoreboard live under app information. Even while testing. It may resolve the login issue and its useful to know when u officially upload it

• Hey man thanks heaps for the help.

Ok im testing exactly as you describe. I upload a beta version for External Testing. It takes around 24hrs to be reviewed. Then I can test it in TestFlight (I have my External Testers emails added to the list).

[quote:1mu32ci6]

I *think* the problem might be what you said in the second part of your response, that the GameCenter stuff needs to be live. I dont have a Leaderboard I only have achievments.

If I go to 'App Store' and click on the Version, then scroll down to where it has GameCenter info. It looks like this:

Looks like GameCenter is active? The toggle is green...

But if I go to Features > GameCenter, I can see that the Achievements say 'Not Live'...

So... Im thinking, the version I am trying to beta test is 1.0.3, and I need to make the achievements 'Live' for that version... but I dont know how to do that.

• Hey man thanks heaps for the help.

Ok im testing exactly as you describe. I upload a beta version for External Testing. It takes around 24hrs to be reviewed. Then I can test it in TestFlight (I have my External Testers emails added to the list).

[quote:2wvomcyi]

I *think* the problem might be what you said in the second part of your response, that the GameCenter stuff needs to be live. I dont have a Leaderboard I only have achievments.

If I go to 'App Store' and click on the Version, then scroll down to where it has GameCenter info. It looks like this:

Looks like GameCenter is active? The toggle is green...

But if I go to Features > GameCenter, I can see that the Achievements say 'Not Live'...

So... Im thinking, the version I am trying to beta test is 1.0.3, and I need to make the achievements 'Live' for that version... but I dont know how to do that.

I believe you wont have to worry about them going live while testing as long as you have them enabled under information page. They go live on official release so you should be set to go on the next test.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How did you get iap to work on ios? my iap is still not working on android wondering if i messed up the installed plugins page by using c2's exported config file

Ok so im using the CordovaIAP and my events are exactly the same for both Android and iOS. It turned out I didnt have to make any platform specific changes. Keep in mind I have it working in Beta only for iOS, it hasn't passed submission yet. But on Android it seems to be working with no problem. To see how I arranged my events, look at this post I made here. I was basically informed by those two capx files I posted on page 2 of this thread.

RE Cocoon and config file. Yeah its possible that when you uploaded a new zip, if it contained the config file generated by C2 it could have interfered with the config file Cocoon produces. Its been a while since i was playing with Cocoon, im trying to remember the process. I think when you first set up your project on Cocoon, you copy sections of the C2 config file into the Cocoon config. Then from that point on, everytime you upload an updated zip to Cocoon you need to delete the C2 config prior... and the intelxdk.config.additional.xml file too. AndreasR wrote a tute for how to set up on Cocoon... Look under the 'Build your game' and 'Create a project' sections.

• >

> How did you get iap to work on ios? my iap is still not working on android wondering if i messed up the installed plugins page by using c2's exported config file

>

Ok so im using the CordovaIAP and my events are exactly the same for both Android and iOS. It turned out I didnt have to make any platform specific changes. Keep in mind I have it working in Beta only for iOS, it hasn't passed submission yet. But on Android it seems to be working with no problem. To see how I arranged my events, look at this post I made here. I was basically informed by those two capx files I posted on page 2 of this thread.

RE Cocoon and config file. Yeah its possible that when you uploaded a new zip, if it contained the config file generated by C2 it could have interfered with the config file Cocoon produces. Its been a while since i was playing with Cocoon, im trying to remember the process. I think when you first set up your project on Cocoon, you copy sections of the C2 config file into the Cocoon config. Then from that point on, everytime you upload an updated zip to Cocoon you need to delete the C2 config prior... and the intelxdk.config.additional.xml file too. AndreasR wrote a tute for how to set up on Cocoon... Look under the 'Build your game' and 'Create a project' sections.

yea actually i found out i made a real stupid mistake lol.... for the android test.... I had the events purchase product event to trigger on a different button that I wasnt using on the layout so i fixed the touch object to the right button and it works flawlessly lol..... For ios, you used intel xdk with cranberry's iap plugin? or cocoon.io

• I believe you wont have to worry about them going live while testing as long as you have them enabled under information page. They go live on official release so you should be set to go on the next test.

Ok well, looking at those screen caps I posted, it looks like they are enabled right? The toggle is green...

Do you know how I would enable GameCenter for the current beta? Do I need to actually add that ipa version on the App information page or something?

...For ios, you used intel xdk with cranberry's iap plugin? or cocoon.io

Im using XDK for both iOS and Android. And in both cases Cranberry Cordova IAP with the same code / event system.

• > I believe you wont have to worry about them going live while testing as long as you have them enabled under information page. They go live on official release so you should be set to go on the next test.

>

Ok well, looking at those screen caps I posted, it looks like they are enabled right? The toggle is green...

Do you know how I would enable GameCenter for the current beta? Do I need to actually add that ipa version on the App information page or something?

> ...For ios, you used intel xdk with cranberry's iap plugin? or cocoon.io

>

Im using XDK for both iOS and Android. And in both cases Cranberry Cordova IAP with the same code / event system.

I have my beta version in the app information page and just saved it and kept it like that when submitting it to test flight. Out of curiosity what c2 version are you using for your game? not sure if c2 updated its gamecentre plugin or not im on r239

• Im using beta 240

As far as I can see I have everything setup in ItunesConnect the way it should be... I can't figure out why the offical GameCenter plugin wont work for me.

I guess Im going to switch to CordovaGame coz I cant see what else to try..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)