How do I make a game like "Lifeline"

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hey guys!

I know this question has been asked a couple of times, but both threads have been left kind of unanswered in regards to questions I have specifically regarding implementation.

So!

What's the best approach to making a game like "Lifeline"?

You can see a trailer here:

I know AJAX and XML were suggested as starting points, but I'm not sure how to do that for a couple of reasons: a) the tutorial has tiny images, and b) I don't know how to call multiple options for different choices the player makes.

So, pretend like I'm a 5 year old and talk me through it, please? Or provide a simple .capx that I can build upon? The game I released not long ago was built upon a template and I really do feel much more at ease modifying someone else's templates than building the logic on my own. I don't think I'm an advanced enough user for that yet.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thank you as always <3

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Edit: I forgot to subscribe to the thread.

• marcoscodas

Here's a small demo I made a while back for doing this style of adventure game, using AJAX and an array:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lajf6pr775paz ... .capx?dl=0

It includes an image for each question and answer.

In this version you can click on the alternative response to see what answer text would be for that option - you'd want to disable that in your game.

Click on the answer text for the next question.

• Hey mekonbekon, thank you for that capx! That gives me a great idea of how arrays work with AJAX. However, I'm still a bit lost when it comes to scrolling that after an answer is chosen.

I'll try and see if I can't work it out on my own, but I've been finding it difficult to wrap my head around.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)