Frustration with loading valerypopoff-js-plugin for Firebase

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • So I downloaded the valerypopoff-js-plugin to add to my C2 platform. And it won't take. I'll drag and drop into an event sheet, it'll say to restart C2, I do and the plugin doesn't appear in my "Add Event" window. I've dragged and dropped it into the C2>exporters>html5>plugins folder and when I open C2 it says unable to load the file.

However, if I load the .capx sample from valerypopoff-js-plugin page, it shows the JS plugin in the "Add Event" window.

I've tried also rebooting the computer after adding the plugin.

I'm using the 0.7.1 plug-in.

Any help would be appreciated

Go figure. Any suggestions

• BTW - I'm using the C2 279 release.

• Since you can open demo projects with this plugin, I assume you've installed it correctly.

To add this plugin to your project, double-click on an empty space on the layout and select this plugin in the "Insert new object" list. The same way you add any other objects - Sprite, Mouse, Array...

Also, you should post in C2 forum.

• Good morning Dop. Tried that the JS icon doesn't appear in the list. Will do on that C2 Forum. Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe you simply don't see it? It may have a different name in that dialog.

When you open a demo project, can you see this plugin in the list of objects on the right panel?

You should be able to add the same object to your project.

• So in the sample capx (which has the JS icon located in the Projects>Objects window on the right) if I open a new layout and then "Insert New Object" the JS icon doesn't appear. And it won't let me drag/drop it onto the Layout from the Projects>Objects window, either.

• BTW Dop2000, as an alternative to the ValeryPop firebase plug-in, do you know if Rex's Firebase plug-ins work on the latest C2 update? I'm not beholden to the ValeryPop plug-in, but it seemed more recent than the Rex plugins, plus it seems as though Rex himself (or herself) seems to have disappeared from the C2 universe.

• So in the sample capx (which has the JS icon located in the Projects>Objects window on the right) if I open a new layout and then "Insert New Object" the JS icon doesn't appear.

It doesn't appear, because it's already added to the project! It's the same with many other objects which you can only add once - Mouse, Touch, Browser etc.

Once it's added to the project, you can use in the event sheet. But you can't put "JS" onto the layout.

• I just figured it out. Windows involuntarily activated antivirus on my system. Once I shut it off now it works. Ohhhh, the wasted time. Nonetheless, I'm good to go.

Dop2000, I truly appreciate your time helping to resolve this matter.

I'm curious. Do you work for Scirra? I notice you spend a lot of time helping other folks troubleshoot their issues.

• I would love to work for Scirra, but I don't :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)