How do I fix lags in NW.js?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hello everyone, in the process of creating the game, I decided that it would not run in the browser, but in the application. I chose NW.js, launched it, and the game lags terribly there. 10fps is the maximum. Although in the browser everything is fine. What to do?

• While I'm not sure what specifically might cause a dramatic loss of frames in NW.js (in terms of things you do with your game event-wise), it's no surprise that games generally run worse with that export option.

A little thing you could try is use a current version of NW.js instead of only the C2 export. In order to do so you can simply copy the file 'package.nw' from your export to the extracted folder of the downloaded new NW.js version and it will run.

In my limited experience it runs noticably better, but sadly not as flawless as it might appear directly in the browser.

• While I'm not sure what specifically might cause a dramatic loss of frames in NW.js (in terms of things you do with your game event-wise), it's no surprise that games generally run worse with that export option.

A little thing you could try is use a current version of NW.js instead of only the C2 export. In order to do so you can simply copy the file 'package.nw' from your export to the extracted folder of the downloaded new NW.js version and it will run.

In my limited experience it runs noticably better, but sadly not as flawless as it might appear directly in the browser.

that's not working, i setup last version of nw.js 0.71.1, and project has minimal count of objects, but game still have lags

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tested the new version of nwjs-v0.71.1 and it works very well. Except it can't close the browser. When I click 'exit' in the game, the screen freezes instead of closing the game. [ver. 0-46 works fine]. So the problem is probably in your events. I've never heard of something that nw.js games run slower than the browser version.

• I tested the new version of nwjs-v0.71.1 and it works very well. Except it can't close the browser. When I click 'exit' in the game, the screen freezes instead of closing the game. [ver. 0-46 works fine]. So the problem is probably in your events. I've never heard of something that nw.js games run slower than the browser version.

i tryed to delete all events in project, and nothing changed. still 10fps

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)