How do I find the Fade Behavior?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I found this, but i can't find the Fade Behavior anywhere:

https://www.scirra.com/manual/95/fade

I want an object that starts at 100 Opacity. Then it fades over X seconds to 0 opacity. Then it fades back to 100 opacity over X seconds.

So it starts visible, Fades out over X seconds, then fades back to Visible (100 opacity) over X seconds. Repeating in a loop.

Can the Fade behavior do that?

Also, where is the Fade Behavior?

• I looked in both Events and Actions, no Fade behavior to be found.

At start of Layout, Sprite is at 100 opacity. It fades to Zero opacity over X seconds. As soon as it hits Zero opacity, it fades back to 100 opacity over X seconds. Repeating in a loop.

Where is the Fade behavior, and can the Fade behavior do as I described?

• you need to apply it to the object you want to fade. Click the object, look to properties in the left of the screen, add new behavior.

• And it was right there all along. Thank you so much

• Wait. I see Fade in time, then Fade out time. Can i re-arrange it so it starts faded in, then fades out?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Im on a friend's computer so i dont want to download anything.

I described the desired action in my earlier post.

Start of Layout - Sprite at 100 Opacity

Fade out over X seconds.

Fade in over X seconds.

"At start of Layout, Sprite is at 100 opacity. It fades to Zero opacity over X seconds. As soon as it hits Zero opacity, it fades back to 100 opacity over X seconds. Repeating in a loop."

The idea is to have it start at 100 Opacity, not 0, when the layout begins.

• Wait. Once it fades out, it does not come back.

At start of Layout, Sprite is at 100 opacity. It fades to Zero opacity over X seconds. As soon as it hits Zero opacity, it fades back to 100 opacity over X seconds. Repeating in a loop.

As in, a loop. Fade out, Fade in, back to Fade out, Fade in, etc etc etc.

Destroy is set to "No". Why is it not fading back in?

Fade is supposed to be a loop. Once it fades out, the Fade in time is supposed to kick in and the sprite is supposed to fade back in.

• FOUND IT!!!! IT'S RESTART FADE WOOOO!!!!

• Phoenixbowman

It is possible to just edit your previous post using the pencil icon. Unecessary multi-posting causes a lot of forum 'noise', and more work for mods :/

Cheers

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)