Family Question -- Resolved

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A collection of various zombie characters sprites for creating a 2D platformer or sidescroller game
  • Yeah, there are a lot a simple mistakes here and there. You ought to revise your code a bit !

• if i use pick by unique uid - wouldn't that still present the issue of being unable to choose the individual object's uid that is being affected? - since i broke the family system and am unable to make code affect individual members -----

or am i missing something lol

As Magistross said there are some complications

But it shouldn't prevent you from picking individual family members, you just have to make sure that you work with the correct families. So if you pick a canDamage and then need a genEnemy all of the sudden in that event you have to add that:

Pick genEnemy.UID = canDamage.UID

Which in it self is not to bad and can be quite useful in a lot of cases. But it ofc complicate things a bit if you didn't do it on purpose, as some of the code might not have been made with this intention. And the way you created the families might not really work as well as you thought. And that will cause some complications at some point....most likely

• Edit: had no idea about how it was constantly making health bars - that system is very much infant stages lol

- you're sure it's not just that it can't tell if the object has taken damg?

because that health bar is supposed to be invisible until it takes damg for the first time - but im having the same issue where it cant single out objects in a family - in the event sheet - since when one object takes damg - all the health bars appear - though im not sure how it's variable is reacting to that - since it should stay false

No I noticed as I tested your game, that after a while there were 77000 objects, which is pretty uncommon.

But you can always run it in debug mode then you can see that it keeps making them.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • holy crap it works now - thank you thank you

-- this is actually my second rebuild of the game - previous "installments/versions" didn't have these systems

since i was having trouble with convoluted means of choosing animations for actions

-- first time using functions for example lol

-- and for each >.>

-- also made that last comment before seeing yall's previous ones

./ignore it =]

Edit: and i was late lol

[quote:1h67oa68]No I noticed as I tested your game, that after a while there were 77000 objects, which is pretty uncommon.

But you can always run it in debug mode then you can see that it keeps making them.

I haven't run the game in debug mode, but i've gotten no lag lmao - so i had no idea

[quote:1h67oa68]As Magistross said there are some complications

But it shouldn't prevent you from picking individual family members, you just have to make sure that you work with the correct families. So if you pick a canDamage and then need a genEnemy all of the sudden in that event you have to add that:

Pick genEnemy.UID = canDamage.UID

Which in it self is not to bad and can be quite useful in a lot of cases. But it ofc complicate things a bit if you didn't do it on purpose, as some of the code might not have been made with this intention. And the way you created the families might not really work as well as you thought. And that will cause some complications at some point....most likely

probably true lol.. *crosses fingers*

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)